The Student Room Group

Failing Online Tests

Hey all!

Heads up - Morgan Stanley now have a verbal reasoning test!

Just wondering - once you have completed the test - if you don't get an email within 3-5 working days saying you are unsuccessful - then can you assume you passed the tests?

Credit Suisse also have both tests and UBS has that hard logical reasoning one... if you fail the test then do you get a rejection email within 24-28 hours?

Thanks!
Reply 1
UBS rejection is automatic, I know this from personal experience two years running. That ****ing logical is a right pain in the neck.
Reply 2
How about places like Credit Suisse etc?

I'm fine with Kenexa and logical reasoning but verbal reasoning SHL is hard :frown: numerical is usually fine across the board.

This is why I asked...

MS have a verbal reasoning for the research position but not IBD. Did anyone else have this situation?
Reply 3
Original post by charles-perry
How about places like Credit Suisse etc?

I'm fine with Kenexa and logical reasoning but verbal reasoning SHL is hard :frown: numerical is usually fine across the board.

This is why I asked...

MS have a verbal reasoning for the research position but not IBD. Did anyone else have this situation?

I can't remember, but the MS tests (I'm going for research too) are very standard, no issues at all.
Reply 4
How much do these tests matter? If I scored 82/90/100 (verbal/numerical/inductive reasoning) what are my chances of getting a placement/internship with sub standard interviewee skills?
Reply 5
Original post by watami
How much do these tests matter? If I scored 82/90/100 (verbal/numerical/inductive reasoning) what are my chances of getting a placement/internship with sub standard interviewee skills?

Zero. The tests are a hoop to jump through.
Original post by watami

They don't matter at all, it's just an easy way to filter candidates out automatically. In interviews in the past they've never mentioned the tests so I doubt they even look at them after you've passed them.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending