The Student Room Group

Imperial College Postgraduate Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

I just found out that Imperial managed to double the tuition fees for the programme I wanted to apply for. How is that even possible? I understand a slight increase but to double from 4500 to 9000.... I'm impressed.
Reply 21
The MSc. economics and strategy for business had 19000 and now i notice that the fees increased to 21000. COME ON. it was expensive previously and now do they raise the tuition? Last year they open this program, so they determine the price and this year they readjust the fees.
Reply 22
any idea how long an ideal SOP must be for imperial? The site doesnt mention a word limit but I dont want my SOP to be too long or too short?
Reply 23
Is it possible to attach CV in other format from that they are asking for?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 24
any idea how long an ideal SOP must be for imperial? The site doesnt mention a word limit but I dont want my SOP to be too long or too short?

Try mailing your department, else stick to 2 pages or less.

Are the applications open now? Last time I checked it wasn't :s-smilie:
Reply 25
Application Complete. Now I'm waiting for my referees..
Reply 26
Last night (03:30) i received the email with the CID etc. a short question. In the username they provide the number after the first letter of your name and your last name is the sequential number (for example the 10th application received) or the year of entry?

Reply 27
On e-service it shows:
Current Status: Application currently under consideration by the Department.

However referees still haven't uploaded the reference. Is Imperial reviewing the application or it is just the same (first)status for all?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by virtsou
On e-service it shows:
Current Status: Application currently under consideration by the Department.

However referees still haven't uploaded the reference. Is Imperial reviewing the application or it is just the same status for all in case?

what is your background? in which university are you studying?
Reply 29
I study politics and international relations in greek university (but in my curriculum i have about 12 economic oriented modules and 44 in total).i am in the final year (4th) and i will have 1.1 degree. I am also member of a research centre.
About the status, have you applied? if yes what is your status?

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
hi im a 3rd year student at university of birmingham doing economics and maths, tracking on a decent first and wondered what people's opinions are on the statistics and financial mathematics courses here and how hard they are to get in?

cheers
Reply 31
Original post by virtsou
I study politics and international relations in greek university (but in my curriculum i have about 12 economic oriented modules and 44 in total).i am in the final year (4th) and i will have 1.1 degree. I am also member of a research centre.
About the status, have you applied? if yes what is your status?

And did you apply for management? I applied for statistics. i have the same status as you.
Reply 32
Original post by zziippoo
And did you apply for management? I applied for statistics. i have the same status as you.

my first choice is economics and strategy for business and my second is management... good luck :smile:
Reply 33
got an offer for PhD Clinical Surgery and Cancer :smile: anyone joining 2013 ? yet still waiting for Oxford's reply :frown:
Reply 34
Is there anyone invited to interview with business school representative?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by PG_UK
got an offer for PhD Clinical Surgery and Cancer :smile: anyone joining 2013 ? yet still waiting for Oxford's reply :frown:

Did you apply for the scholarship? And get an offer? I got accepted by a professor, but still waiting what Imperial says :/
Reply 36
Original post by Poro
Did you apply for the scholarship? And get an offer? I got accepted by a professor, but still waiting what Imperial says :/

I got accepted by both, yet still waiting for the decision on the scholarship :frown:
Reply 37
Has anyone got an offer from the mathematics department? Or even the business school?
Reply 38
Original post by alishaikha
Has anyone got an offer from the mathematics department? Or even the business school?

Hi all, I have applied for the MSc Finance program with the Business School. I remember reading that a decision will be taken before Feb 11 for all applications received before Jan 13 (I think). Probably they wish to look at all applications before giving out the first set of offers. If that is so, then we may not hear at least till the end of Jan.
Reply 39
Original post by abha412
Hi all, I have applied for the MSc Finance program with the Business School. I remember reading that a decision will be taken before Feb 11 for all applications received before Jan 13 (I think). Probably they wish to look at all applications before giving out the first set of offers. If that is so, then we may not hear at least till the end of Jan.

Is that just with the Business School or for all departments?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending