The Student Room Group

A-Level Choices... (For Medicine)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lay-Z
I disagree, not having maths puts you at a huge disadvantage to people with it, especially when the course is so competitive

Posted from TSR Mobile

The three of us that took maths at a level had a massive debate trying to figure out how long division worked. Showed how much it actually helped us in the long term. Any stats that comes up you can do with some computer package that works it all out for you. I know tonnes of people who did sociology or psychology at a level.
Some teachers are so mis informed about these things and put so much pressure on their students to take this route. It's just unfair really.
Original post by Democracy
Yeah a language is good, god only knows why you want to do further maths though. Make sure you apply to a med school which actually sees it as a separate subject.

Lol I know I'm being ambitious but what I'm worried about is what if I change my mind and don't want to do medicine half way through year 13? I know that to do chemical engineering further maths/chemistry is highly recommended? So just trying to keep my options open really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending