The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Pandabär
Do you both think I should just not get any of my education (that I'm paying just as much as you for), just because the uni timetables my lessons in different ends of the town?

Too much generalisation going on in this thread.

'ZOMG she comes in 15 minutes late...she must be a waster...derp derp'.

Sometimes, being late is out of your control. Even if I run between lecvtures, I'm still late.

As a sideline, I know for a fact that my grades are far better than many of those who turn up on time.

If you read what I said at the end "unless there's a geniune reason". The OP said that people turn up with 5 minutes at the end of the lecture. And you shouldn't be so neg happy without knowing the facts. My psot was aimed at people who decide to turn up late because they want to sleep in or CBA.
What a load of rubbish. I come late and leave early.

Why?

Because my lectures are back-to-back, alternating between the arts and science blocks. They are a good 20 minute walk away from each other. Either I go to no lectures, or I go to all of them, arriving late and leaving early.

I wish they were located all in one building, but they aren't. Until my uni sorts this out, I'm not going to miss lectures that I'm paying for, just because you don't like me creeping in 10-15 minutes late.

(Disclaimer: I go in the back entrance to disturb less people, I also close the door softly, and sit in the first available seat, to avoid disturbances.)

:colonhash:

How very poorly organised your course must be...
Original post by Michaelj
I know and shes top of the class, it's pretty obvious she isn't studying at Oxford. :biggrin:

No, had an interview there but didn't get in. How many oxbridge interviews did you get? :biggrin:
Not badly organised per se, the content is excelent. It's because I just study chemistry and a language. Noone thought about timetabling when they created the course.

The problem I have is with everyone assuming I'm a waster who 'can't be bothered' to turn up on time, when I've half-killed myself getting there.

Fair enough, that does seem a pretty unusual combination.

To be honest I relatively often turn up to lectures (the ones that I go to) a few minutes late with no justification at all, and no-one could call me a "waster" with a straight face. If you go in at the back and don't make a noise I don't see the problem.
Reply 24
The lecturers don't care about teaching, at most they see pesky undergrads as an annoyance.
Reply 25
Lecture sneakers... thats that **** I DON'T LIKE :cool:
Original post by Arekkusu
The lecturers don't care about teaching, at most they see pesky undergrads as an annoyance.

Made worse by the silly undergrads who don't care enough.
Reply 27
Original post by Meat is Murder
So, if a lecture is 2 hours long, there is obviously a break at the halfway point. As I said in the title; why people think its OK to come in then I will never know. It is so rude, the lecturers must think who are these wasters coming now when I have already spoken for an hour. And I go to a good RG uni! Maybe its just because its first year...

Edit:It is a sorry situation when so many people that being late is not rude.

They can either miss all or half of the lecture. Pretty obvious which one is better. :smile: Better be rude than sorry... unless they constantly do it. :tongue:
Original post by Meat is Murder
So I suppose all those negging me are those I am talking about...all I can say is good luck in your exams :rolleyes:

I smashed mine actually 😉