The Student Room Group

Graduate Careers where reasoning tests are not required?

Hi

I'm really getting fed up with applying for graduate careers. I'm currently spending hours each day filling in ridiculously long application forms and then spending hours completing verbal and numerical tests, only to find that after all that I'm unsuccessful :angry:

My question is, are there any companies that offer graduate careers where you are not required to complete any sort of reasoning tests such as verbal and numerical?

I'm looking for any careers within: Business, Accountancy, Finance, Management, Banking (Including Investment Banking), Investment Management, Marketing, and HR. Also any international companies as well as I dont mind working abroad.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Nope. It's as simple as that. I hate these forms and tests, but how else are they supposed to filter the thousands of applicants out?
Reply 2
That's quite a broad spectrum of companies but plenty have no online tests - GSK, Bain, BCG and many of the smaller graduate employers don't bother with them either.
Consultancies normally take you through to a phone interview but that's few and far between.
Reply 4
They are out there but it's a case of you have to look for them - if the companies that you want to work for use them then you need to learn how to pass.
Reply 5
Yeah, because if this guy can't pass basic verbal and numerical reasoning tests, he'll probably walk those BCG and Bain interviews.
Reply 6
Original post by Brevity
Yeah, because if this guy can't pass basic verbal and numerical reasoning tests, he'll probably walk those BCG and Bain interviews.

That wasn't the question, though.

If you want to find companies that don't use them there are plenty out there.

And McKinsey don't do it either :smile:
Reply 7
I get the impression you're rushing through these applications. Maybe you should practice these reasoning tests, rather than basing the start of your career around which is the easiest route in for yourself.
You can practice the numerical and verbal reasoning tests and be really good and pass through the next stage almost all the graduate jobs I have applied to required tests.

The tests are not so hard once you have done some practice and are familiar with the type of questions you will finish them with flying colours.

I used to pass the numerical but fall short in the verbal reasoning, last year bought the Assessmentday package and have been passing all the tests ever since.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending