The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous

but unfortunately chinese boys are at the bottom of the food chain..:frown:

That's so true, it is unfortunate.
Reply 41
rashid1988
Not that there's anything wrong with diversification though... Right? :smile:

there isn't anything wrong, of course. but Im surprised why the same races of opposite sex don't quite get together somehow in some cases. Like me, Im more attracted to white girls than my own race:confused:
Anonymous
i'm asian (pakistani) and have never been attracted to asian guys. i don't understand why really...i think one possible factor is because i have become VERY westernized, am into rocky/indie type music & stuff like that & i find that most asian boys & me have nothing in common. i know this a huge generalisation but yeah. also, i just hate the whole 'rude byoy' & 'look-at-me-in-my-car' attitude which many of them have - again, huge generalisation but the things you hate most about people always sticks.
:redface:

I also hate that attitude, wanna be gangsta's living in London and pretending they're in a "hood". I like metal and rock btw... Just so you know. Come check out my soc once in a while if you like. :smile:
Gio
there isn't anything wrong, of course. but Im surprised why the same races of opposite sex don't quite get together somehow in some cases. Like me, Im more attracted to white gilrs than my own race:confused:

Yeah, i mean we probably all have our favourites, just that in your above posts you made it seem like there was something wrong with inter-cultural dating...
Anonymous
hey. Im an indian girl.. its not that im not attracted to indian guys i just hate their personalities. white guys are much more laid back and less bastard-like.
I don't find it a problem to attract white guys. white guys are more open minded than asian guys.. cos they want a specific girl.. with ssame language same caste and all that bull****.

I'm Asian and i'd have to agree that that is a load of tripe! I hate all that cultural nonsense about ethnicity and race crap... Luckily my parents are cool about all that. :biggrin:
Reply 45
Anonymous
OK, problem is I'm Asian (from the sub-continent) but have never been attracted, and doubt I'll ever be...simply not my type! I much prefer white guys and their personalities. :smile: Firstly, is there anyone else like me, or am I odd. And crucially, would White guys have any qualms about dating/getting into a long term relationship with an Asian girl, given that there are no religion issues/problems with parents? (Mine are fine with it - so long as I follow house rules etc.)
Thanks

Nothing wrong with that.
I'm half white half oriental, and have never ever been attracted to white guys in my life.

Sometimes oriental.
But all my relationships have been with Arab guys and am usually attracted to only them. And I put that down to my upbringing in an Arab country.

Reply 46
rashid1988
Yeah, i mean we probably all have our favourites, just that in your above posts you made it seem like there was something wrong with inter-cultural dating...

sorry about my poor english - I need to try hard to get a white girlfriend to teach me better english then:biggrin:
Gio
sorry about my poor english - I need to try hard to get a white girlfriend to teach me better english then:biggrin:

Haha lols, funny man! :biggrin:
Reply 48
chinese guys so arent at bottom of the food chain. I think chinese guys can be really attractive
you find more white/black/asian etc guys with chinese girls than the other way around.

case rested
rukayah
chinese guys so arent at bottom of the food chain. I think chinese guys can be really attractive

:ditto:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
i'm asian (pakistani) and have never been attracted to asian guys. i don't understand why really...i think one possible factor is because i have become VERY westernized, am into rocky/indie type music & stuff like that & i find that most asian boys & me have nothing in common. i know this a huge generalisation but yeah. also, i just hate the whole 'rude byoy' & 'look-at-me-in-my-car' attitude which many of them have - again, huge generalisation but the things you hate most about people always sticks.

I didnt really have Asian friends until i started uni this year, and even the ones at my uni who i have made friends with are rock-listening punky types, who aren't those "typical" ones i have met in the past (only through parent's associations, i havent really actively tried to make friends with asian people, it just hasnt happened). i HATE the type of asian girls who all have dyed hair the same colour, wear pink constantly, and all dress the same, speaking a language containing words/phrases like "safe" and "that's raw, man!" drives me crazy. ditto with Asian guys. so i just dont find myself being attracted to them, because of this. however, i have met quite a few who aren't like this, just a matter of finding the right people, i suppose.
im constantly trying to get my younger brother to speak in ENGLISH and not this bastardised version he speaks.
Anonymous
OK, problem is I'm Asian (from the sub-continent) but have never been attracted, and doubt I'll ever be...simply not my type! I much prefer white guys and their personalities. :smile: Firstly, is there anyone else like me, or am I odd. And crucially, would White guys have any qualms about dating/getting into a long term relationship with an Asian girl, given that there are no religion issues/problems with parents? (Mine are fine with it - so long as I follow house rules etc.)
Thanks

i personally think asian women are beautiful, and no i would have no problem with dating asian women at all
CogitoErgoSum

I didnt really have Asian friends until i started uni this year, and even the ones at my uni who i have made friends with are rock-listening punky types, who aren't those "typical" ones i have met in the past (only through parent's associations, i havent really actively tried to make friends with asian people, it just hasnt happened). i HATE the type of asian girls who all have dyed hair the same colour, wear pink constantly, and all dress the same, speaking a language containing words/phrases like "safe" and "that's raw, man!" drives me crazy. ditto with Asian guys. so i just dont find myself being attracted to them, because of this. however, i have met quite a few who aren't like this, just a matter of finding the right people, i suppose.
im constantly trying to get my younger brother to speak in ENGLISH and not this bastardised version he speaks.

that is so true. thats exactly how i feel. as superficial as it sounds, i hate the way they speak & dress, i find that they are just all clones of each other. yup, the language thing is a huge contributing factor aswell for me, i really hate it. i find that many of the typical asian boys are after one thing only & treat girls disrespectfully. again, i know this doesn't apply to everyone but i feel i have no connection with these types of people whatsoever. i have tried so hard to 'fit in' with them or to 'like' them, but i find them just too similar in their backward ways of thinking, no indivduality whatsoever.
i get labelled a lot too, because i'm not like these girls..i tried so hard to be accepted and to have a laugh with these kinds of people but i just cannot anymore because this is not me.
Reply 53
Agree with the replies concerning not being into 'typical' Asians. I find most Indian girls are more into the hip hop/R'n'B/Rap scene where as I'm more of an alternative person. They also tend to be more chavy and 'gangsta' which pisses me off, a lot.
Gio
oh hello there:biggrin:

lol hello.

I don't know. I guess it is weird that I'm thinking like that. I'm not Japanese though, I'm Chinese. I've only had one boyfriend and he was Chinese so I just don't think that I'd be dating in college cos of the white guys. I just don't think I stand a chance with them. here in school, I have NO good guy friends who are whites.
Reply 55
strawberry
lol hello.

I don't know. I guess it is weird that I'm thinking like that. I'm not Japanese though, I'm Chinese. I've only had one boyfriend and he was Chinese so I just don't think that I'd be dating in college cos of the white guys. I just don't think I stand a chance with them. here in school, I have NO good guy friends who are whites.

i wouldnt be worried bout it, just dont actualy go looking for a particular somebody, love will find you, in the end it doesnt matter if theyre asian/oriental/white really does it!?..ones not better than the other/s..uni will be a fresh start, just be who you are
eh_crimbo
i wouldnt be worried bout it, just dont actualy go looking for a particular somebody, love will find you, in the end it doesnt matter if theyre asian/oriental/white really does it!?..ones not better than the other/s..uni will be a fresh start, just be who you are

:smile: thanks. I'm not worried about it though...that's why I'm still single. I don't look for love, I let it find me...and it found me in the form of my one and only ex boyfriend. we're not together anymore, broke up two months ago, but I still love him and I'm not ready for another round.

university will definitely be a new start and i'm looking forward to it. I'm not gonna look for anyone to be with though...cos honestly, it's a pain in the butt being with someone sometimes. I guess I'll just wait and see...
Reply 57
I think its common for people to have a preference in regards to race...not that its a racist thing...though i guess it could be :frown: Like, I'm usually drawn toward white guys too...but a lot...well at least here...end up being really shallow, like they know they could get anyone so what good are you, and thats where guys of other races prove to be more appealing
Reply 58
Im white and have never been attracted to asian or black girls,i dont know why but they just dont turn me on at all, i only seem to be attracted to white girls
Reply 59
keenya2006
I think its common for people to have a preference in regards to race...not that its a racist thing...though i guess it could be :frown: Like, I'm usually drawn toward white guys too...but a lot...well at least here...end up being really shallow, like they know they could get anyone so what good are you, and thats where guys of other races prove to be more appealing

You must be meeting the wrong kinda guys

Latest

Trending

Trending