The Student Room Group

Is there something wrong with me + a question for white guys

OK, problem is I'm Asian (from the sub-continent) but have never been attracted, and doubt I'll ever be...simply not my type! I much prefer white guys and their personalities. :smile: Firstly, is there anyone else like me, or am I odd. And crucially, would White guys have any qualms about dating/getting into a long term relationship with an Asian girl, given that there are no religion issues/problems with parents? (Mine are fine with it - so long as I follow house rules etc.)
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Edit: *never been attracted to asian men.
Reply 2
I have qualms, it's just that i've never actually been attracted to an asian girls, looks or personality. But clearly this is my experience only.
Reply 3
I'd have no problems with it.
I personally think that I don't stand a chance at all with white guys so my preference is asian guys
Reply 5
Yes, also, hate to say this, but I'm not your stereotypical Asian girl in the sense that most people regard me as quite cultured and classy in terms of my personality. I'm sorry if that sounds a bit mean, I dunno how to phrase it well. :frown:
as in people think you're cultured and classy? that's not mean, that's narcissistic. :P jk jk but hey, people say I'm sexy and I go HUH? hahaha. but it's normal. just don't be like those bitches who show off their boyfriends cos their boyfriends are white.
Reply 7
No no, I meant mean because I implied that the 'stereotypical Asian girl' tended not to be. What I'm trying to get at is I'm quite western in my personality if that makes ANY sense lol.
Reply 8
I would have no worries at all in dating an asian girl in fact i think i have a thing for them attraction wise.

Loads of my friends like asian girls aswell who are also white so i don't think it is a problem at all you just need to find the right guy :smile:

As im an atheist then that could be a problem but if there were no religious cathes then i would definatley like to date a asian girl in the future and im sure alot of other white guys would do to.
Reply 9
It's just I wonder, I'm sure we're somehow biologically programmed (primal instincts etc) to go for our own race? Or maybe we arn't - need to increase the size of gene pool? Dunno. Interesting, though IMO. :smile:
Reply 10
Anonymous
It's just I wonder, I'm sure we're somehow biologically programmed (primal instincts etc) to go for our own race? Or maybe we arn't - need to increase the size of gene pool? Dunno. Interesting, though IMO. :smile:

I don't think so. Guys are attracted to girls for being different and when a girl is from somewhere different it adds a bit more quirkyness to the equation.

Don't worry about it everyone has different sexual preferences but you will find a white guy who likes asian girls who you like without to much trouble.
Well I'm with an (Indian) Asian girl at the moment, so no.
Anonymous

I dont believe in Biological determination, Im sure if it did exist it would be more likely to be inbuilt for opposites attracting so that the offspring could get the widest amount of genetic varience possible, to fight illness disease etc etc, children the result of incest allways end up biologically screwed so im sure the opposite is more true.

Personally, if a girls fit a girls fit. race doesnt come into it.

The only thing I do have problems with is overly religious people. And thats any religion. I can't be bothered with it.
Reply 13
strawberry
I personally think that I don't stand a chance at all with white guys so my preference is asian guys

Why wouldn't you stand a chance with a white guy? That seems a really odd way of thinking.
Reply 14
puppy
Why wouldn't you stand a chance with a white guy? That seems a really odd way of thinking.

agree on that..im not white & ive only been out with white guys...
Reply 15
I will go out with anyone, regardless of colour. I happen to have known quite a few hot asian girls in my time... the same for black girls. The only thing I would say is that different races have very different cultures (especially in terms of music). I pretty much rule out going out with an asian girl because more often than not, they will like R&B which is a bit of a dealbreaker for me (yes I hate it that much). I am perfectly aware that there are black girls that like rock and asian girls that like house music but frankly, these are the exception rather than the rule.
Personally if I met a hot asian indie girl, I'd probably be in heaven :biggrin:.
Reply 16
KingRalph
I will go out with anyone, regardless of colour. I happen to have known quite a few hot asian girls in my time... the same for black girls. The only thing I would say is that different races have very different cultures (especially in terms of music). I pretty much rule out going out with an asian girl because more often than not, they will like R&B which is a bit of a dealbreaker for me (yes I hate it that much). I am perfectly aware that there are black girls that like rock and asian girls that like house music but frankly, these are the exception rather than the rule.
Personally if I met a hot asian indie girl, I'd probably be in heaven :biggrin:.

i know one, though she's very nearly taken..so u'll have to slip in there quick...:rolleyes:
strawberry

Are you joking?! There are quite a handful of white guys who like asian guys- especially japanese (assuming you are because of your flag)- the whole 'kawaii' thing, bit of a trend that's catching on lol.

I'm not a white male, but I doubt they would have a problem with it. Heck, I'm the offspring of a white male and an asian woman, so there's proof that it's fine :smile:

Oh and the usual, it's about personality, not looks, colour, race etc...
Reply 18
If I wasn't already in a relationship, I wouldn't be too put off!! I doubt most guys would be. Race really isn't an issue to most people!! To be honest the only thing that would stop me going out with any girl is if they were religious in any way and expected me to follow their religion. I am a big anti religion kind of guy!!!
Reply 19
ive been attracted to some asian girls, never been out with any but i cant see why i wouldn't in principle.

Latest

Trending

Trending