The Student Room Group

Masturbating vs Not Masturbating

Not sure if I am meant to post this here but...
Obviously this is a very personal issue, so do use the anon tool. A few years ago I did 40 days and 40 nights without masturbating as a challenge. I did it, but I can't remember how I felt there. Now I recently fell in love with a girl, and decided that until I speak to her, I would not masturbate, hoping that my desire would override my fear of approaching her. However, a day after, when I had not masturbated, I felt less attracted to her. And the next day, even less. It gradually got almost down to no feelings and I thought it was really weird cause earlier I was really attracted. Are these just hormones playing up? I've decided to give up the no masturbation thing and honestly, I can say I feel a bit more manly/confident and more attracted to her.
Reply 1
Just masturbate. Then everybody wins
Original post by Anonymous
Obviously this is a very personal issue, so do use the anon tool. A few years ago I did 40 days and 40 nights without masturbating as a challenge. I did it, but I can't remember how I felt there. Now I recently fell in love with a girl, and decided that until I speak to her, I would not masturbate, hoping that my desire would override my fear of approaching her. However, a day after, when I had not masturbated, I felt less attracted to her. And the next day, even less. It gradually got almost down to no feelings and I thought it was really weird cause earlier I was really attracted. Are these just hormones playing up? I've decided to give up the no masturbation thing and honestly, I can say I feel a bit more manly/confident and more attracted to her.

Im really confused.

Aren't you using the word 'love' a bit flimsicly here?
Reply 3
Original post by pinkangelgirl
Im really confused.

Aren't you using the word 'love' a bit flimsicly here?

Lol yeah he's fallen in love without even talking to her :biggrin:

Masturbation is healthy in many ways. It makes you happy which really affects everything else. You feel more confident because you're happy. Your hormones also play a big part in this too though, which could maybe explain your feeling of attraction.
Masturbation can be risky because it can cause people to confuse love and lust. You see a pretty girl, you jerk off, you associate her with that good feeling. But really you might not like her. So if you went off this girl when you weren't masturbating, and you're attracted to her now you're doing it, you can see how it's affecting your choices. Best to stop.
Reply 6
Masturbation can be risky because it can cause people to confuse love and lust. You see a pretty girl, you jerk off, you associate her with that good feeling. But really you might not like her. So if you went off this girl when you weren't masturbating, and you're attracted to her now you're doing it, you can see how it's affecting your choices. Best to stop.

I have never fapped with the image of someone I know in my mind, I just think it's wrong and I would feel like an absolute creep next time I was with them in person.
Reply 7
Mate, do what you feel like doing and stop over analysing mastrubation

And go talk to the girl. You'll only regret it if you don't
Reply 8
Are you confusing 'Love' with 'Lust'?

Is it even possible to love someone you've not even spoken to? You might speak to her and she might be a right loop 'd loop! lol :eek:

I reckon if you think you love her from just looking at her, its probably more likely to be lust that your feeling...

Whats better banging her or banging yourself? There's your answer :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest