The Student Room Group

I feel like people get intimidated by me

Scroll to see replies

Don+t+feed+the+trolls+kids..+Don+t+do+it+or+they+ll_7b6ebc_4010720.jpg
Reply 21
I often feel the same, but it's just an idea you have and you really can't tell what anyone else is thinking and often, what you think they are thinking is really just what you assume of yourself. If you don't like yourself, you assume everyone else just looks at what you think is bad about you, when in reality it's nothing like that! It can then become a self fulfilling prophesy becuase you'l turn every little comment, reaction, gesture into a bit of evidence to support your belief about yourself.
your lucky.....nobodys intimidated by me as a result no one really takes me seriously.
but to me come across as a bit arrogant
sorry
Reply 23
Loool,foh reals?!
Reply 24
Original post by Gouki
Popular but no friends wtf?

No close friends.

Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
actually it's because they all know you've got 6 red gems for posting **** on TSR

Excuse me?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Zangoose
I'm a rather nice guy; caring, sensitive, considerate and respectful. Despite this, I have trouble forming close companionships with people. I make friends incredibly easily because of my charisma and charming persona, yet they are not friends I would consider close. They are simply the types of 'friends' who you give the odd nod and wave whilst walking to lectures, and occasionally stop to talk to about the previous night's outing, the last football match or other insignificant, small-talk topics.

I personally think the reason for my inability to form close relationships with people on the outset is because of my domineering physique (I am quite ripped), popularity and the general aura of power and dynamism I give off due to my interesting background.

My theory is that seeing as I am quite popular, new people I meet must probably feel like I'm a little bit out of their league. When I attempt to get closer to them through friendliness, they probably feel like I have an agenda when in actual fact, I'm just being nice! Even the girls seem to be intimidated. I'm always getting 'the eye' then when I approach them I'm faced with shy smiles, bowed heads and bashful mannerisms, thus I never get anywhere.
Maybe I should tone it down a bit and come across as a boring person?

This ever happen to anyone else?

Troll or ********, who can tell
Reply 26
Original post by Zangoose
Maybe I should tone it down a bit and come across as a boring person?

Opposite dude. You need to get more alpha.

Your whole post sounded like whingey beta male crap.
Original post by TheBigGeek
It's interesting that you would say that. I'm told that I'm dominating and assertive (though people seem to like that in me) and it only helps me make friends and have people enjoy my company.

People always see my confidence as freeing; they see someone who truly is themselves around everyone and isn't ashamed of their personality, and it helps them open up.

Not wanting to insult, really just asking, but do you think you can come off as conceited or aloof? Because it's one thing to be a confident and powerful force and another to be so "intimidating" that people perceive you as unavailable for conversations or friendships.

Maybe try being both dominant and open? Do you let people have their say? Let them feel comfortable expressing themselves with you?

I'll admit that there aren't many guys I've found who are a good match for me both as friends and sexual partners (I do find that a lot find me a little scary, in a good way, I think :smile: ) but I figure that I'm young and there's plenty of time to meet wonderful, powerful, dominant guys to be with :smile:

I dont think I come across as conceited or aloof but people who don't actually know me very well might assume I am because I'm very 'in your face'. I do let people have their say in conversations and I'm not opinionated in the sense that I have many strong views ( I do have some but not many) and i respect other opinions if they oppose mine.
I have exactly the same problem with guys, some just get a little scared :s i honestly dont see why? Im actually quite friendly and its not like i dont have friends i Just dont have close friends here at univerisity (im a fresher and i only started in sept) I suppose it just takes time :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending