The Student Room Group

UKCAT released?

When do Pearson release UKCAT to UCAS?

And am I right in thinking the national average has risen by 40?

As a graduate I think my whole chance of an interview at Kings and Barts is based on my UKCAT. 695 would have been good enough last year. But not sure if it will have been this year now...
Reply 1
Original post by byebyebadman

As a graduate I think my whole chance of an interview at Kings and Barts is based on my UKCAT. 695 would have been good enough last year. But not sure if it will have been this year now...

Pretty sure the graduate entry UKCAT cut-off for Kings was around the 725ish mark last year so I wouldn't hold out hope for Kings (Again this is for the four year course)
You'll just have to wait and see to find out how everyone else has done in terms of Barts, it's likely it'll be higher than last years though.
Reply 2
Original post by myyrh
Pretty sure the graduate entry UKCAT cut-off for Kings was around the 725ish mark last year so I wouldn't hold out hope for Kings (Again this is for the four year course)
You'll just have to wait and see to find out how everyone else has done in terms of Barts, it's likely it'll be higher than last years though.

Sorry I should have said, I'm a grad applying for the 5-year standard courses. And as I understand it the UKCAT is the prime means of choosing their graduate interviewees.

Supposedly for Kings last year the cutoff was around 675 for graduates applying for the standard course, despite the cutoff for college leavers being 685.
Reply 3
Original post by byebyebadman

they are sent to universities this monday, and the mean of all scores has gone up by roughly 10, not 40 :smile:
Reply 4
Do we know if they've received our UKCAT scores? I know this may sound stupid, but sometimes i get worried that they won't get mine and I get automatically rejected lol
Reply 5
Original post by HaQ_mAn_
Do we know if they've received our UKCAT scores? I know this may sound stupid, but sometimes i get worried that they won't get mine and I get automatically rejected lol

I believe the way it's done is that Kaplan supply all the unis with a database of everyone's scores, and the university simply searches for you in that database to find your scores. But I might be completely wrong.
Original post by AJ2895
I believe the way it's done is that Kaplan supply all the unis with a database of everyone's scores, and the university simply searches for you in that database to find your scores. But I might be completely wrong.
Each uni receive only the scores of those who have applied there:smile: in other words, your score will onty be sent to/visible by the consortium universities you have applied to:smile:
Original post by AJ2895

Kaplan? I'm pretty sure they just offer unofficial courses and books for the UKCAT and have nothing to do with the actuall marking. I hope Kaplan didn't tell you otherwise.
Original post by SuperFantasticB
Kaplan? I'm pretty sure they just offer unofficial courses and books for the UKCAT and have nothing to do with the actuall marking. I hope Kaplan didn't tell you otherwise.
yeah he may have confused, actually it is Pearson VUE lol :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest