The Student Room Group

OCR F215: Control, Genome and Enviroment: January 21st 2013 Discussion Thread!

Instead of me repeating the title in different words, please use this thread well by posting and toasting.

Share your resources and knowledge. A great site: http://getrevising.co.uk/
offers you to create your own quizes and also share resources. But if you do share your school made stuff, be sure to make a header with your school name on.

Thanks a lot, study well guys. Bio out!.:biggrin:

(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

So is your school being awkward and doing F215 first?
Guys.. if you are doing this module in Jan then please response. I want to get this thread going.
Reply 3
Hi,
My college is awkward and is doing F215 first I'm trying to find the June 2012 paper but I can't seem to find it.
Reply 4
How is the F215 module? as were doing F214 at the moment
Original post by BioGeek
How is the F215 module? as were doing F214 at the moment

My school is doing F215 first and we sit our exam, F214 in June.
Original post by TamanaUddin
Hi,
My college is awkward and is doing F215 first I'm trying to find the June 2012 paper but I can't seem to find it.

I have no idea how to access one. My school might give that paper as a mock for us.
Reply 7
Original post by Future_Dr
Guys.. if you are doing this module in Jan then please response. I want to get this thread going.

hellooooo ima gappie im doing this exam next month ...wow it soo soon :frown:
Original post by shaz :)
hellooooo ima gappie im doing this exam next month ...wow it soo soon :frown:

what is? This thread?
Reply 9
what is? This thread?

urmm the F215 exam lol
Original post by shaz :)
urmm the F215 exam lol

The content is soo big :frown:
its soooo long :|
Reply 12
The content is soo big :frown:

I know FML its hugee plus they always want specific things :frown: I'm so scared
only just finished the first module in this unit, and im so confused, anyone understand the whole natural selection, genetic drift, speciation bit and care to explain pretty please
anyone want to revise?
Revision anyone?
Revision anyone?

My school is also making me sit this exam first. I'm no way ready. Can you help me with this really hard question. It's at the end of Module 1 in the OCR text book, Exam questions page 149 Q2

part C) chi- squared is 98.32 and > 7.82 which means i reject the null hypothesis which is (1 to 1 to 1 to 1) ratio right?
part d) says Explain the discrepancy between the expected and the actual results of the test cross? I don't know, is it mutations? epistasis? genetic drift?

if you need more info and don't have text book I will write it up/
(edited 11 years ago)
Revision anyone?

I emailed my teacher the question and he explained it was to do with linkage and genes being inherited together reducing the number of phenotypes etc- certainly don't remember learning about it

If you are still looking for a revision buddy then we can revise together.We could ask each other questions and then correct the answers. I seriously need some major help with long questions as I find it hard to be precise and always bomb out on suggestion questions.
Original post by Zebrastripe
I emailed my teacher the question and he explained it was to do with linkage and genes being inherited together reducing the number of phenotypes etc- certainly don't remember learning about it

If you are still looking for a revision buddy then we can revise together.We could ask each other questions and then correct the answers. I seriously need some major help with long questions as I find it hard to be precise and always bomb out on suggestion questions.

Okay.. sure.. sorry I could not get back at your other question as I was looking at it but couldn't really realise which one it was. Then I drifted away.

Are you still making notes? How much have you got left to cover?
yeah still got module 3 and 4 to go through with specification checklist so
ask me mainly questions on module 1 and 2

what about you have you finished? what topics do you want me to ask o

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending