The Student Room Group

Any explanation...?

I was wondering if anyone could explain someone's motives or thought process for doing the following....
I sort of had a relationship with this guy over about a one year period where we were basically just seeing each other but nothing serious, then, apart from talking occasionally it ended because I went to work abroad for the winter.
When I came home early this year he asked me on a date which I thought went well and I ended up staying at his after (I had slept with him before).
After that night he hardly spoke to me and when I text him about a week later asking how he was he was really abrupt and standoffish...I asked him why he asked me out and if he wanted to see me again and he responded by saying 'I don't want a girlfriend if that's what you mean' even though I explained on the date I wasn't looking for relationship and I was happy to take things as they were.
Anyway he didn't really speak to me again after that so I just forgot about him until a couple of months later when I found out he'd given me an sti. I've never told him about it for fear that he will deny it, but seen as he is the only person I have slept with in the last two years and I was tested before him I'm certain he gave me it.
What I really don't understand about him is after a gap of not talking for a couple of months he has started commenting on photos of mine of fb, texting me and when I saw him on a night out he tried to kiss me.
I feel like I shouldn't but I do have a soft spot for him and I am considering seeing him again, but before I do I'm trying to work out his previous behaviour......long story short he seemed to really like me, then ignored me and now seems interested again and also gave me an sti in the process, I have no idea if the sti has anything to do with it?
Should I ever go there again?
Just don't go there. He's using you for sex. I've been in a similar position, and it didn't end well - you just end up getting hurt while he gets what he wants out of the situation. You're worth more than that.
Reply 2
Do you really think this could get better? My first opinion is that his actions would only get worse, not improve. But you never know, I'd say give him one more chance and see how it goes...see how he reacts if you don't sleep with him that often. If he's not serious about you, he'll move onto someone else

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Anonymous
Just don't go there. He's using you for sex. I've been in a similar position, and it didn't end well - you just end up getting hurt while he gets what he wants out of the situation. You're worth more than that.

That'd be fine if she just wants to use him for sex to.

His behaviour is a bit weird though, maybe his standoffishness was down to other crap going on in his life at the time.

Either way OP, you are not obliged to deal with his issues/behaviour if you are not sufficiently interested/invested in it.

Plus he gave you an STI, classy chap.

my advice is to remember that there ARE like 3 billion + men on earth and this one guy is nothing special. In fact he sounds pretty mediocre all round.

Quick Reply

Latest