The Student Room Group

Business studies unit 3 and 4 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ezioaudi77
Thank you for analysing the case with me and providing additional pointers and tips along the way :smile: I still feel a bit unprepared, and I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow, hope you meet your target :wink:

And good luck to everyone else as well who are taking this exam!! :biggrin:

Thanks for your help as well!! good luck im sure youll do great
Reply 41
Hi guys. In ansoff matrix, where would you put Superdry's luggage and fragrance? Give reasons :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by ginister
Hi guys. In ansoff matrix, where would you put Superdry's luggage and fragrance? Give reasons :smile:

Were they launched in 2011? They are new products to Superdry because prior to producing them, they had no experience in those categories. Also they only target their existing markets in UK, USA and other international country to which they sold clothing and accessories to.

So it should be product development in Ansoff's :smile:
Reply 43
Hope you all did well, gotta keep quiet for 24 hours now! :smile:
Reply 44
Hope you all did well, gotta keep quiet for 24 hours now! :smile:

Original post by jl779
Thanks for your help as well!! good luck im sure youll do great

How was the paper?
Reply 45
How was the paper?

Found it fine, but might have got a bit wooly on the mission statement question. Everybody expected growth to pop up though :smile:
How did y'all find this then?

Having nightmares about the mission statement question.
What i think they really wanted from that question was to use the other sources and say they are also equally as / if not more important than the mission statement to superdy.

E.g a prospective investor could look at the current / acid ratios to determine how lucrative SG is likely to be for investment.

I did not do this! what d'u guys think
Reply 47

Found it fine, but might have got a bit wooly on the mission statement question. Everybody expected growth to pop up though :smile:

Yeah, I didn't even expect a 2 marker for the mission statement tbh. Ran out of time at the end though (no surprise there!) and so I didn't evaluate the 30 marker :frown:

Was the payback 4 years and ARR 28% or 8% something?
Also what was Superdry's mission statement?
Reply 48
Original post by YearRetaker
How did y'all find this then?

Having nightmares about the mission statement question.
What i think they really wanted from that question was to use the other sources and say they are also equally as / if not more important than the mission statement to superdy.

E.g a prospective investor could look at the current / acid ratios to determine how lucrative SG is likely to be for investment.

I did not do this! what d'u guys think

Yeah I remember writing something about how ratios can be used to show the performance compared to the mission statement which cannot do such things (or something along those lines :tongue:)

Was the payback 4 years and ARR 28% or 8% something?
Also what was Superdry's mission statement?
Sounds like a clever thing to put mate.

Yeh the payback period was 4 years.
The ARR was 20% i think

Superdrys mission statement was evidence B
Reply 50
Sounds like a clever thing to put mate.

Yeh the payback period was 4 years.
The ARR was 20% i think

Superdrys mission statement was evidence B

Yeah hope I get marks for that :redface:

I did ARR by:

average net return = (2+3+3+4+5)/5= 3.4m.

ARR= 3.4/12 * 100 = 28.33%

But I'm not sure if the initial cost of the investment should be deducted in calculating the average net return..

Yeah I know the mission statement was in Ev. B, but what was it? It couldn't have been growth because that's an objective?
Apparently the whole thing was the mission statement mate

Hmm can't really remember the ARR then you confused me!

For the explain what these results mean (4mark)
did you essentially say, as the payback period is 4 yrs then in 4yrs superg would have covered its costs of that investment for e.g
Reply 52
Apparently the whole thing was the mission statement mate

Hmm can't really remember the ARR then you confused me!

For the explain what these results mean (4mark)
did you essentially say, as the payback period is 4 yrs then in 4yrs superg would have covered its costs of that investment for e.g

the question was to comment on the calculations, so any analysis would do. I said it may be too long, as for 4 years, the investment is at risk.

What do you think the grade boundaries would be? Higher or lower than last time?
Reply 53
Anybody remember the questions and their worth in marks? I'd like to take a stab at guessing my grade :P
Reply 54
Anybody remember the questions and their worth in marks? I'd like to take a stab at guessing my grade :P

I came straight home, and wrote all questions I can remember :biggrin:

1. Define competitive advantage (2 marks)

2. Define corporate strategy (2 marks)

3. Using Ansoff's matrix, explain why Superdry sold through mobile. (4 marks)

4. Explain how one stakeholder group might be affected by the implementation of
SuperGroup’s Corporate Social Responsibility policy

5. Calculate ARR and payback period, and comment on those answers (4 + 4 marks)

6. Assess the benefit of network(CP) analysis when refitting the regent street store. (8 marks)

7a. Evaluate the importance of the mission statement (20 marks)

7b. Evaluate the takeover of CNC. (30 marks)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 55
I came straight home, and wrote all questions I can remember :biggrin:

1. Define competitive advantage (2 marks)

2. Define corporate strategy (2 marks)

3. Using Ansoff's matrix, explain why Superdry sold through mobile. (4 marks)

4. ??

5. Calculate ARR and payback period, and comment on those answers (4 + 4 marks)

6. Assess the benefit of network(CP) analysis when refitting the regent street store. (8 marks)

7a. Evaluate the importance of the mission statement (20 marks)

7b. Evaluate the takeover of CNC. (30 marks)

Can't remember the 3rd or 4th question, but I'm sure the rest are pretty close to the actual questions.

Nice going, man! I'd plus rep but it's too soon from last time apparently! :P Thanks anyway, should definitely have 50+ :smile:
Reply 56
Nice going, man! I'd plus rep but it's too soon from last time apparently! :P Thanks anyway, should definitely have 50+ :smile:

haha, no problem.

50+ is around an A, so hope the examiners go easy on us :wink:
Reply 57
haha, no problem.

50+ is around an A, so hope the examiners go easy on us :wink:

Yeah, all down to the grade boundaries too, but 7a was unexpected so I think some people may have slipped up. Funny thing as well is that the night before the exam, I downloaded the Superdry app! Quite the pleasant serendipity! :P
Reply 58
Yeah, all down to the grade boundaries too, but 7a was unexpected so I think some people may have slipped up. Funny thing as well is that the night before the exam, I downloaded the Superdry app! Quite the pleasant serendipity! :P

Lucky you, half of sec A was based on that stupid app :biggrin:
Reply 59
Lucky you, half of sec A was based on that stupid app :biggrin:

Indeed! Found it hard to apply in the right places, but think I picked up a decent amount of marks. It wasn't a particularly difficult exam, just 7A threw a few, I suppose! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending