The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

I am very confused as to which accommodation to apply for. I have got my offer for veterinary science at bristol and am looking for a lively, yet cheap accommodation, does anyone have any idea which to apply for? I have no preference for catered/un-catered accommodation, but still have no clue what to go for! Am tempted by Colston St, anyone have any reviews of the residences?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Hey! So since I'm coming to Bristol from overseas, and I want to visit there before term starts, which hotel should I stay at? Preferably one which has 4 stars or more, and close to the city centre and the university. Thanks :smile:
Hi guys, does anyone have information on the percentage of private school students in Goldney and Manor Halls?

Thanks for answers!
Hey guys :smile:
What is it like studying psychology at Bristol in terms of lecturers, time spent in lectures etc...
Thanks in advance :smile:
Hi peoples
I'm going to be studying Maths and Comp Sci and was wondering what it would be like juggling a job with a course that'll take up as much time as mine
Also any advice on stuff to buy and pack for uni would be great

Thanks.
Original post by 5676Ph03n1x
Hi peoples
I'm going to be studying Maths and Comp Sci and was wondering what it would be like juggling a job with a course that'll take up as much time as mine
Also any advice on stuff to buy and pack for uni would be great

Thanks.

Assuming you mean just a part time job, it's certainly entirely manageable. You might have to say no to a few social things as a result, but given that it's first year it shouldn't be too bad at all.
Is anyone still waiting for an email from bristol with all the welcome info?
Original post by isobellyabrams
Is anyone still waiting for an email from bristol with all the welcome info?

YEAH
Any current chemistry or geography students on here? (As in people who have done at least a year at Bristol)
Original post by cabdi2014
YEAH

Yessss glad I'm not alone :biggrin: they suck at emailing
What's it like studying Vet Med at Bristol? :smile:
Yessss glad I'm not alone :biggrin: they suck at emailing

What are you studying ? Are you from Bristol?
Original post by cabdi2014
What are you studying ? Are you from Bristol?

I'll be doing history, you? No I'm not, I'm from west Sussex I've lived in Germany for the past 10 years :smile: where are you from?
I'll be doing history, you? No I'm not, I'm from west Sussex I've lived in Germany for the past 10 years :smile: where are you from?

Bristol is where I am from and I live 10 minute walking distance to Uni.

EE Engineering MEeng
Does bristol send out suggested reading lists or the like, before we start?
Reply 995
Hey guys :smile:
I'm a girl interested in the Civil Engineering course at Bristol University and I'm going to apply for it in 2016
Is anyone doing this course at the moment? How is it?
Original post by Georgiecat
Any current chemistry or geography students on here? (As in people who have done at least a year at Bristol)

I lived with 5 chemists for 3 years, if that helps. I can probably answer most questions about chemistry.
do the societies charge for membership monthly or annually?
Original post by thetodd
do the societies charge for membership monthly or annually?

Annually.
Original post by Random_PC_Errors
Annually.

cool, thanks

Latest