The Student Room Group

Career Advice / Help?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you all could help me on an issue I am currently having in terms of a future career.

I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do and figured I am good in multiple areas, but if there is some sort of job which incorporates everything I am interested in - which I might have possibly missed.

I am very proficient in Sound Recording (Recording Studio work), Video and Filming, Graphic Design & Photography.

I have been doing these four hobbies for quite a few years now, but was wondering if there was a job which incorporates them all, or even 2 or 3 of them?

I was considering studying Film Production at university, but I would want to do something a bit different seeing as I could do an apprenticeship with the BBC which would give me direct links.
Originally, I was considering a Creative Advertising degree, but after hearing more about it, I'm not too sure if it exactly right for me.

I hope you guys can give some good advice!

Thanks!
From the sound of it, you could do well with a degree in Film Studies. It is a degree which engages with cinema's rich scope and history from silent classics to mainstream Hollywood to world cinema. From here you can learn to think critically and work independently; your communication skills improve and you will be able to learn to express your opinions passionately and persuasively, both in writing and orally. This will help to enable you to be recruited as quick as possible in the film industry.

Opportunites await in television industries, arts organisations, the local government and business or you could even become a film journalist or film/TV archivist and even take up roles in marketing and distribution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending