Pi * integral of (lny)^2

Obviously that one won't happen but
Original post by ezioaudi77
Then what did you mean by this? :curious:

Yeah I thought it wouldn't because it's under the x axis :tongue:
Reply 84
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah I thought it wouldn't because it's under the x axis :tongue:

Because of that, I had to type the whole integration of 2lny :colonhash: Oh well.
Because of that, I had to type the whole integration of 2lny :colonhash: Oh well.

:lol: oops
Usually it is given as y=f(x), and to find the volume of revolution, π[f(x)]2dx\pi \int [f(x)]^2 dx

To find revolution around y-axis, make x the subject, hence x=f(y). Then π[f(y)]2dy\pi \int [f(y)]^2 dy

The limits on your integral? the a and b become the coordinates on the y axis?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by dan94adibi
The limits on your integral? the a and b become the coordinates on the y axis?

Yeah, you have to change the limits according to the variable you are integrating with respect to, unless the limits are specifically mentioned in the question.
How many UMS do you need in C4 for the A*? 94 for me :s-smilie:

92 for me...but I don't think it is happening haha. Focussing more on trying to get an A in further haha. :smile: I make too many mindless errors...
Reply 89
I need 80 in C4 for the *
I haven't done C3 yet but I think I'll get around 95 - 100 then that will leave me needing 85 - 80 and S2 perhaps a C. I'm just nervous about this exam. Really want a good grade in it.
Reply 91
Original post by bexlovescandy
92 for me...but I don't think it is happening haha. Focussing more on trying to get an A in further haha. :smile: I make too many mindless errors...

Hmm, I think I saw some FP units fall on the same day as C4...if so, :crossedf:.

I made a lot of errors too, practised a lot of papers since then, but there is ALWAYS something :mad: Hopefully, no such mindless errors in the real deal.
Reply 92
Original post by 101101
I need 80 in C4 for the *

If you have the capacity to get 100 UMS for C3, obviously 80 wouldn't be a big deal for you :lol:
Reply 93
I haven't done C3 yet but I think I'll get around 95 - 100 then that will leave me needing 85 - 80 and S2 perhaps a C. I'm just nervous about this exam. Really want a good grade in it.

We can only hope that no freakishly difficult questions come up, and grade boundaries be low as ever!
We can only hope that no freakishly difficult questions come up, and grade boundaries be low as ever!

I think since the introduction of A* the papers have been much more easier. Hopefully they'll continue with the trend.
The main areas that has been a struggle for me before the 2010 papers was vectors differential equations but now it just seems to be differential equations.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 95
If you have the capacity to get 100 UMS for C3, obviously 80 wouldn't be a big deal for you :lol:

You would think that but last time i got 79 in C4 :L
Reply 96

this probably sounds really stupid but do you not have to necessarily get above 90ums in C4 and C3 separately but just average 90ums between the two?
Original post by JenniS
this probably sounds really stupid but do you not have to necessarily get above 90ums in C4 and C3 separately but just average 90ums between the two?

yep, you need a combined ums of 180 or more. For example, in the summer I got 85 in C4 but 98 in C3 so i still got a A* as my total was 183

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by kettlechips
yep, you need a combined ums of 180 or more. For example, in the summer I got 85 in C4 but 98 in C3 so i still got a A* as my total was 183

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh thats slightly more encouraging then, thanks, our teachers have neglected to mention this!
Reply 99
I think since the introduction of A* the papers have been much more easier. Hopefully they'll continue with the trend.

Yeah, but I have a feeling that since this is going to be the last January exam, they might give a really tough paper :frown:

The main areas that has been a struggle for me before the 2010 papers was vectors differential equations but now it just seems to be differential equations.

I hated differential questions where you have to finds rates of change with chain rule, etc... After focusing on such question in Solomon papers, now I LOVE them! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending