Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)
    when do we find out!!
    January. Says on the website.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looking at a similar thread from a while ago people were told over a period of a few days with certain schemes being told before others. A lot of emails to process so I wouldn't panic if you don't hear on the 6th/7th.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good news everyone, according to the Facebook group apparently only about 4,500 of the 12,500 applicants actually completed the application process (ie completed all 4 tests to the benchmark standard without cheating/otherwise being disqualified)...and 1,000 get through beyond that, so 2 in 9 - I like those odds

Having said that, I don't think my tests went too well so I shouldn't get my hopes up. Ah well, there's always the STP too!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-girl)
    Good news everyone, according to the Facebook group apparently only about 4,500 of the 12,500 applicants actually completed the application process (ie completed all 4 tests to the benchmark standard without cheating/otherwise being disqualified)...and 1,000 get through beyond that, so 2 in 9 - I like those odds

Having said that, I don't think my tests went too well so I shouldn't get my hopes up. Ah well, there's always the STP too!
    Oh, that's good to know The scheme looks so good! I've always wanted to work in the public sector, this is a perfect opportunity

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:

Cool :-) What happens if you get through?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Cool :-) What happens if you get through?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think the next stage is an interview in London, Leeds or Derby in Jan/Feb (I think you get to choose location/timeslot) with about 300 people getting through, then an assessment centre in Rugby from which ~150 people get through.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am hoping to apply for the NHS General Management Scheme in 2014. I was wondering if someone could tell me what to expect from the tests. I am rubbish at maths - is there anything I can do to prepare for this?

Many thanks,
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    not long till we hear about the next stage, eep!

There are some example tests online, gward (though I can't remember where to find them) and the numerical questions are basically analysing things; the actual maths isn't too difficult. For example, there could be a pie chart with % revenues for different areas of a business and a total revenue figure and you have to work out the revenue between 2 areas, or there'll be numbers/percentages of people working in different areas of the business. I think for this one there were questions involving speeds and distances which I stumbled one purely due to time pressure and for one of the other grad schemes I applied for there were a couple of questions about price indexes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply 'purple-girl' and good luck with application for this/next years scheme!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone- only about a week till we hear now!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard yet? Even rejections?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harjot_chatha)
    Has anyone heard yet? Even rejections?
    It's not the 10th yet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When do we hear back from this?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebam_uk)
    When do we hear back from this?
    Didn't the email say 7th January?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemohito)
    Didn't the email say 7th January?
    I suppose it said 7th, but you know how it is with 30+ apps 'live' and about 20 more than I am working on currently...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, we could hear from tomorrow though could be any time this week...good luck everyone!

Hmm, I feel underprepared with this being my only live application now and only 1 other (the other NHS one) in the pipeline. Ah well, hopefully *something* will work out...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, we could hear from tomorrow though could be any time this week...good luck everyone!

Hmm, I feel underprepared with this being my only live application now and only 1 other (the other NHS one) in the pipeline. Ah well, hopefully *something* will work out...
    Well you might just be a very good candidate and get those 2 jobs i suppose? Why have you only got 2 live applications. I am literally applying to every job out there, its a jungle / lottery out there I reckon might as well give myself a good chance of coming out with offers.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well you might just be a very good candidate and get those 2 jobs i suppose? Why have you only got 2 live applications. I am literally applying to every job out there, its a jungle / lottery out there I reckon might as well give myself a good chance of coming out with offers.
    well, you never know but I'm not getting my hopes up. I really don't have a clue what I want to do and very few of the grad schemes out there have stood out as things I'd actually *want* to do, plus the vast majority want a 2:1 or 1st when I'm probably going to end up with a 2:1. And I guess most "normal" jobs that will be available when I graduate won't be open yet...but we'll see what happens.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well, you never know but I'm not getting my hopes up. I really don't have a clue what I want to do and very few of the grad schemes out there have stood out as things I'd actually *want* to do, plus the vast majority want a 2:1 or 1st when I'm probably going to end up with a 2:1. And I guess most "normal" jobs that will be available when I graduate won't be open yet...but we'll see what happens.

Why not apply for jobs so that you have the chance of doing them?

Also even if you miss the 2.1 or whatever some jobs might still let you on, since they assess people on competency regardless of degree class.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why not apply for jobs so that you have the chance of doing them?

Also even if you miss the 2.1 or whatever some jobs might still let you on, since they assess people on competency regardless of degree class.
    I see your point but I don't want to apply for stuff that I don't want to do (however limiting that may be). And besides, I'm a scientist at heart and it'd be easier to get a job directly with science rather than through a grad scheme and as I mentioned I doubt many normal jobs starting in ~September will be open yet. At this stage I'm applying for grad schemes I find especially interesting and if nothing comes of it I'll reapply more seriously next year to these and more; I'm fairly open to having up to a year off!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 12, 2013
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Public Sector Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.