The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
With the foundation course, would they consider me with high grades and science subject(s)? Are they intended for lower grades and non-science subjects? It would purely be because I didnt have chemistry, is this acceptable criteria for a foundation course?
Reply 21
Original post by sammy137
With the foundation course, would they consider me with high grades and science subject(s)? Are they intended for lower grades and non-science subjects? It would purely be because I didnt have chemistry, is this acceptable criteria for a foundation course?

Two types of foundation courses.
Widening access- Same subject requirements as standard five year course but lower grades. Certain contextual requirements need to be met in order to be considered
Examples ( Southampton BM6 and Nottingham A108)

Pre-med- For those with limited to no science background at A level particularly for those with no Chemistry. The grade requirements for these courses are just as high as the standard five year courses.
Examples (Cardiff A104 and Bristol A104)

You would be able to apply to the Pre-med courses. Have a look at the websites of the following medical schools to double check the requirements.
Dundee
Manchester
Cardiff
Bristol
Keele (not sure if you'll fit the criteria because I don't think Biology is allowed either)
Sheffield
Reply 22
what college did you go to??