The Student Room Group

Guys: Girlfriend older than you? Girls: Boyfriend younger than you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It depends how much older than me.
Reply 21
Original post by SirMasterKey
Even if the age difference was even one day? One of them born on August 31st and the other September 1st?

Personally doesn't bother me.

I know, it's ridiculous, especially as some of them are born in september/november so they're already dating younger people but for some reason that's an exception to the rule because they're in their academic year... I mean seriously... :rolleyes:
Reply 22
A younger bf (like more than a year below me) wouldnt appeal to me, the guy i was going out with before last was only 7 months younger but seemed very immature at times. My bf now is a year older than me and i find that fine, but due to a bad experience in a relationship where the guy was 3/4 years older than me because of the differences in age and life experience, i wouldnt want a relationship with a guy more than 2 years older than me either.
Original post by Michaelj
I've always wanted to get with a middle aged woman whose really posh and intelligent like a doctor or something. :cool:

Same here he he. I adore older middle-class professional type women, I mean assuming they look after themselves, I like to please 'powerful' women I love it.

I've had by balls checked a few times by older female Doctors.... defiantly kept those experiences in the '**** bank'.
Reply 24
Older women/girls are all cool with me... Long as its not like 20-30 years older.
Reply 25

Sweet.

Nope, I wouldn't mind as long as the age gap isn't too big and he is mature enough. It is said that girls mature faster than boys, but there is always the exception to the rule, isn't it? we cannot generalise.
My boyfriend's nearly a year younger than me but he's just as (if not, more...) mature :P We're still in the same school year (if you can call it that now, first year university haha ^_^) and I always forget that I'm older than him :smile: I think it's absolutely fine as long as it's not sleazy, and as long as it's not like a 14-year-old girl and a 50-year-old man o.O
Reply 27
Within a reasonable amount of time it would not bother me.
Reply 28
Original post by Krish4791
I know, it shouldn't be a problem - I've gone out with someone who was in the year above me when I was in Year 11/12. I was born on September 1st and she was born August 30th of the same year. Technically only 2 days separated us (but in the eyes of the school, it was 1 full academic year). Still, she took a gap year after Year 13, so we both went to the same Uni at the same time! :biggrin:

Aw, how sweet! Sorry, I'm a sucker for these kinds of stories; are you still together?
I'm 22 so i'd date anyone in the 18 to 32 age range. Doesn't bother one bit as long as she is a nice person. I'm not that picky
Reply 30
Original post by nombo
Aw, how sweet! Sorry, I'm a sucker for these kinds of stories; are you still together?

Unfortunately not :frown: - she left to go to America (she dropped out from uni) and we agreed that it would be very difficult to maintain a long term LDR. I did, however, get a new gf; incidentally she went to the same school as me!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I've personally not really had a problem with it. My first boyfriend who I was with for 4 years was 16 months younger than me (we were never the same age though which was slightly annoying!) and at first it was a bit strange but after we were so happy together, it just didn't really seem to matter!

My current boyfriend of 1 year and 4 months is 11 months younger than me too (we're the same age for a month yay!) and no one bats an eyelid really! Plus he love sit, he likes to say "Younger men have the stamina, older women have the experience!" Haha!

It's probably cause I'm quite young looking anyway and am very youthful at heart and so balances out with a younger guy's mentality! :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Queen_Pinky
I've personally not really had a problem with it. My first boyfriend who I was with for 4 years was 16 months younger than me (we were never the same age though which was slightly annoying!) and at first it was a bit strange but after we were so happy together, it just didn't really seem to matter!

My current boyfriend of 1 year and 4 months is 11 months younger than me too (we're the same age for a month yay!) and no one bats an eyelid really! Plus he love sit, he likes to say "Younger men have the stamina, older women have the experience!" Haha!

It's probably cause I'm quite young looking anyway and am very youthful at heart and so balances out with a younger guy's mentality! :smile:

Are you actually being serious? Surely a matter of months is an irrelevance? :confused:
Reply 33
All my girlfriends have been older than me except 1. She was 1 year younger
Reply 34
Hmm.. seems like most girls have boyfriends younger than them..that's pretty normal, eh? :hmmm:
I do not see the problem if dating guy who is one year younger than you but I think 2 or more years younger is a definite No No.
i think it matters a lot while your in you're teen years and early twenty but once you past 25, you kind of grow out of it and the gap between you and your younger partner does not seem to be acknowledged as much anymore.

LittleT
Sorry for the spelling mistakes and typos above :tongue:
Reply 37
It's not whether the person is too old or young (within reason) to become a potential partner, but the age of their ideas that I question.
Reply 38
Original post by Chad_Bronson
Well, I'm 18, and my girlfriend is 23 :smile: 24 in November :smile: But we love each other very much, and our relationship has never been stronger actually :smile:

You legend Chad.
Reply 39
I could never imagine a boyfriend younger than me. that is a NO NO!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending