The Student Room Group

how to say its over!

I got married last year and prior to that had been going out for 2 years we moved in together literally 9 months of seeing each other ( I know young, dumb and in love)

Anyways to cut a long story short, I got pregnant January 2011, and thought because I was having a baby out of wed lock, getting married was the best option, to try and not disappoint my family. I didn't tell my mum, I was pregnant until I was 4 months, because I knew how upset and disappointed she would be with me, even getting married I was scared to tell her, and it wasn't until I had bought everything for the wedding and secured a date that my mum was like, don't get married.

I had my baby in september, and I guess my relationship and marriage pretty much ended there, I'm not blaming my daughter, but it became clear that all the little things he would do started to annoy me, the fact that I bought every single piece of furniture and spending £14k on it plus rent for 6 months just made me see he took me for a right fool, and him just giving his mum money when she wanted it.

We've been living apart since april, but its time I told him, that living apart, isn't working, the fact that hes just boring me, every time he calls its like i can't wait for him to end the conversation. He doesn't seem to have any ambitions in life, to buy a house ( just keeps telling put my name on the council, hell no), or want to progress further, where I am the complete opposite.

I don't want to be harsh when telling, just need a few ideas on what I can say to him, bearing in mind, we work at the same place.

Thanking for reading/answering
It sounds as if you are two completely different people. Now that you have a daughter you need to consider how things will effect her life too. I think you'd be doing the right thing to end it, you're obviously not happy. My parents attempted to stay together for my sake which in fact made our household toxic and I was in fact happier when they told me they were splitting when I was 7.
You seem to know what you're doing and capable of coping without this guy (although it doesn't sound like he is doing anything to help anyway).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending