Revision!

How much revision do you all do?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
About five hours a day should do the trick :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by A future Midwife
How much revision do you all do?

I've tried to mirror my school timetable over mid-term so about 6 hours and if I feel up for it I might do another 2 hours later on
I try to do 6 hours a week, but some days my revision is effective and other days its not.
Reply 4
Original post by Pink amyapple
I try to do 6 hours a week, but some days my revision is effective and other days its not.

6 a week, wow wish I could be that chilled lol
Reply 5
Woah wtf I can't manage more than 4 hours... i just get drained of all motivation and am really easily distracted?

How do you guys do so much? What keeps you motivated is there any special way to structure your revision or something? I have 3 exams in Jan and I think I'm going to fail them badly if I don't start investing heavily in me & books time :frown:
Reply 6
I don't revise a lot, probably around an hour a day. Luckily I've been blessed with awesomeness and things just come naturally to me.
Reply 7
Original post by ZakStarrh
Woah wtf I can't manage more than 4 hours... i just get drained of all motivation and am really easily distracted?

How do you guys do so much? What keeps you motivated is there any special way to structure your revision or something? I have 3 exams in Jan and I think I'm going to fail them badly if I don't start investing heavily in me & books time :frown:

A trick that I've used is, use a stopwatch and every 2 hours take a break. Idk but for some reason when I see the clock ticking it makes me think as if times running out lol but idk it works for me

Alsowith your breaks don't do like 2 hours then scratch your balls for the rest of the day do like 2hrs studying, 20 min break, 2 hours studying, an hour break, last push with another 2 hours studying. This is what I've done during mid-term anyway
Original post by Elm Tree
I don't revise a lot, probably around an hour a day. Luckily I've been blessed with awesomeness and things just come naturally to me.

I wish I was that lucky! :smile:

Reply 9
I'm starting to get lazy. During this half term, I've been trying to revise but I get distracted all the time (Facebook, Youtube, TSR...). I've been predicted A* for all my subjects and I really want to achieve them but I cba to revise :tongue:. So I made myself an after school timetable to help me get back into revision.
Reply 10
I do about an hour and a halves revision around a week before the exam. I only get B's really with that so I should try to revise more since I'm getting predicted A's and A*'s now.
Does anyone know how to revise for chem and bio?

when to start revising the ocntent and when to start doing past papers?
Reply 12
Original post by 2DAYWSAGUDDAY

Is your exam in January or May or June? A recommended time to start revising is about two months before or a month at a push. Don't just constantly do past papers though because I didn't find that very effective for my Geography exam. Try to balance it out with skimming through books and notes.
Original post by Beat
Is your exam in January or May or June? A recommended time to start revising is about two months before or a month at a push. Don't just constantly do past papers though because I didn't find that very effective for my Geography exam. Try to balance it out with skimming through books and notes.

My exams are in January and June but if you know the length before the exam will help a lot
Reply 14
My exams are in January and June but if you know the length before the exam will help a lot

Exactly same as me. I'm doing Biology and Physics in January and we finish learning the specification and start revision in lesson in about three weeks time which means we'd have around two months worth of revision done in lesson alone.

But, like I said above, I'd start around a month a half before doing about 5/6 hours a week, of course my social life comes before my exams and revision. Don't push yourself to do much otherwise it just won't all go in and you'll start to stress out.
Original post by Beat
Exactly same as me. I'm doing Biology and Physics in January and we finish learning the specification and start revision in lesson in about three weeks time which means we'd have around two months worth of revision done in lesson alone.

But, like I said above, I'd start around a month a half before doing about 5/6 hours a week, of course my social life comes before my exams and revision. Don't push yourself to do much otherwise it just won't all go in and you'll start to stress out.

Thanks a lot-for the tips as well

I just copy out the revision guides word for word! I start that about 2 months before the exam and try to get through it all twice! I start the past papers about 2 weeks before the exam! :smile:

Original post by A future Midwife
I just copy out the revision guides word for word! I start that about 2 months before the exam and try to get through it all twice! I start the past papers about 2 weeks before the exam! :smile:

Yes thanks A LOT i've got an idea on content and papers now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest