The Student Room Group

Have you ever tried to make your ex jealous despite you being the one who dumped them

If so why and how did you try to do it?
Original post by Anonymous

I've recently split with my ex. But I wouldn't try and do something to make them jealous. That's just a massive slap in the face for them and is totally not cool.
I don't really have an ex but I'd imagine if he was a real ******* during the relationship (e.g. cheating) he would deserve whatever was coming to him.
Original post by Dragonfly07
I don't really have an ex but I'd imagine if he was a real ******* during the relationship (e.g. cheating) he would deserve whatever was coming to him.

And if he wasn't? If you just broke up with him because you didn't feel the same anymore?
My housemate's ex (she was the dumper) is trying to do it, they broke up 5 months ago and she got someone new fairly quickly and then recently he bumped into her mates at a local festival thing and an hour or so later she updated facebook to say "I'm in a relationship": he didn't react. So she goes to his hometown with the new guy and uploads the photos - a free world but a bit as it's a good 2-3 hour train ride away. No reaction. Then she goes to his mums house with the new guy for coffee and a chat. It's a bit odd
I think it's relatively normal to want to make them jealous in the sense that when you run into them you'd like to be looking gorgeous with perfect hair and a model on your arm rather than on a late night pyjama clad mission to the petrol station for doritos.

But if you're actively trying to make them jealous then you're probably not over them or have other issues.
Reply 6
Sounds kinda cruel
No, if you felt the need to do so, sounds like you have some issues to sort out
Reply 8
Please don't do this, it's really not worth it, the best way to "make" them jealous, is to have a happy life :biggrin:.
Reply 9
Original post by MattyJo
Please don't do this, it's really not worth it, the best way to "make" them jealous, is to have a happy life :biggrin:.

It's not me trying to make her jealous, it's my ex trying to make me jealous. Would wearing a very fancy attire, and make-up, only to literally hide herself when we have to go to labs (because she doesn't look to flattering) constitute as trying to 'make one jealous'?
I don't see the point in trying to make an ex jealous, it's a waste of time.
Whats the point their an ex for a reason there's no logic in breaking up with someone and then trying to make them jealous. Move on i say.
Reply 12
It's not me trying to make her jealous, it's my ex trying to make me jealous. Would wearing a very fancy attire, and make-up, only to literally hide herself when we have to go to labs (because she doesn't look to flattering) constitute as trying to 'make one jealous'?

Be the bigger person :smile:.
Reply 13

By showing that your Trying to make your ex jealous (It's normally blindingly obvious). Then your only showing that you still care for them, surely?
Reply 14
Original post by MattyJo
Be the bigger person :smile:.

I'm definitely going to :smile: Would you say that she's trying to get me jealous, with that type of behaviour?
Reply 15
I'm definitely going to :smile: Would you say that she's trying to get me jealous, with that type of behaviour?

Personally, I'd say, let her do whatever the hell she wants and concentrate on your life now! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending