The Student Room Group

English and Film Studies - King's College or Warwick

Hi.
I'm new to TSR, and maybe this thread was mentioned somewhere before. But I've been wondering if someone could help me deciding which university was better in this particular course. I would be very grateful for any opinions and advices!
Thanks,
Kath.
Reply 1
Original post by Katarzyna
Hi.
I'm new to TSR, and maybe this thread was mentioned somewhere before. But I've been wondering if someone could help me deciding which university was better in this particular course. I would be very grateful for any opinions and advices!
Thanks,
Kath.

Both universities are quite similar in that they are both renowned for academic excellence in these courses. Kings is particularly renowned for its film studies course and both universities are known for English. You might want to consider therefore other factors such as living costs, location and so forth and what environment may suit you best. It will definitely be more difficult financially in London and you may have to end up travelling in to the college whereas Warwick is a campus university in a relatively cheap area of the country. Kings may be a little more institutional and less interactive. However Kings is in the capital where there is such a wealth of things to do and see. Warwick is near to Birmingham which is also a large city with a great range of cultural events, theatres etc as well as the National Shakespeare Manuscript Collection in the city library. The train from Leamington Spa to Oxford and on to London is very quick and you can reach the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Stratford very easily too. Coventry, the nearest town to Warwick, is a little uninspiring however.

Good luck choosing,

:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Katarzyna
Hi.
Thanks,
Kath.

I have had a film studies lecture at King's with Dr Martin Brady and it was absolutely fantastic, seems like an excellent department.

I don't know anything about Warwick, but when I visited it I really didn't like it (without wishing to offend anyone - I am aware it has a solid reputation and lots of people love it).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending