The Student Room Group

Abnormally small penis; worried that I'll never be able to have a relationship.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2ndClass
The girls on this thread are such liars........

Not liars, I'd just say the more judgemental ones haven't seen this thread yet/decided not to comment :tongue:
Reply 21
Original post by snailsareslimy
Yeah but you can work around it surely? Like toys/other stimulation...
Not going to lie, it probably would be a bit 'meh' at times but if you love someone I can't seeing it being that much of a deal :tongue:

Would it really work though?

How degrading would it be for a man to pleasure a girl using toys because he can't do it himself?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 23 year old guy with a penis that is just 1.5 inches flaccid and 2.8 inches when fully erect. Despite the great embarrassment involved, I eventually managed to force myself to go and see my GP about it. He did a blood test to check my testosterone levels, which turned out to be normal. He said that my size was probably due to a genetic abnormality involving homeobox genes and that there was not much that could be done about it. He said that apart from being abnormally small, it was "normally formed, proportional and fully functional" and that there was "no reason that I couldn't have a normal sex life". However, I have not found this to be the case.

I didn't lose my virginity until I was 21 due to my apprehension about my size and the possibility of facing ridicule. I followed advice given on various sexual health forums about this kind of problem, that recommended avoiding casual relationships, and waited until I was in a long term relationship with somebody who cared about me. I was seeing my ex girlfriend for 8 months before we first had sex and I warned her in advance about small size. She said at the time that she didn't mind, and that we could find a way to please each other. In reality however, she couldn't hide her smirk when she first saw it and just 3 weeks later she said that it wasn't working between us and ended our relationship. As a result of this experience, I'm deeply worried that this is going to happen time and again. That I'll spend months getting to know somebody and developing feelings for them, only to have them dump me when they find out that I cannot satisfy them sexually.

I'd like to think that I'm a decent, considerate and caring guy but it seems that isn't enough. Am I destined to lead a sad and lonely life all because of something that's beyond my control?

You are definitely not destined to lead a sad and lonely life. You will find someone who loves you for you and a small penis will not put them off. Just get really good with your hands and mouth and you'll give her a fulfilling sex life :smile: That's the best part for me and most of my friends, anyway
I do genuinely feel that a decent girl who's worth your while would not smirk at it - that's disgusting behaviour. Personally, this would not put me off about a guy, and no I'm not lying as suggested in a previous post. I have never seen the fascination with massive penises myself, infact, being rather small myself, sex can often cause more pain than it causes pleasure and it's often through foreplay and other means that create the most pleasure for most girls. I would also be impressed by your honesty, bravery and strength of character - which surely makes you more of a man than a big penis does. I am certain that when you find the right girl she will not laugh or mock you and will find ways, of which there are plenty, to enjoy sex together - and that girl will be worth hanging onto - see your penis as a form of quality control; the girl you end up with will most likely be openminded, kind and love you for who you are. Best of luck, and don't put yourself down - it doesn't make you any less of a man.
Reply 24
Sex happens mostly between the ears, not between the legs. Unfortunately being hung up on your penis size probably means you have very little self-confidence. Self-confidence is all you need to attract women.

Your girlfriend behaved despicably, put it behind you, most women are decent.

The only important thing from her perspective is that you can hit her G-spot, that's 2 inches in so she probably wouldn't notice the difference. The vagina is usually like 3 inches deep but opens up to accommodate penises of all sizes. Other than that it's all about girth and/or curve. And of course intercourse isn't even the main high point for most women who prefer to have clitoral orgasms and spend much time on foreplay.

The main advantage of having a small penis is that you can ram her as deep and hard as you want without fear of hurting her. It's the same story if she's sucking you off. Another advantage is that they are usually fatter than long penises so that's a plus point for her.

If you still wish to improve the aesthetic of your penis you should trim your pubes right down and lose weight if you have weight to lose. You can also find a girl with small hands :p:
Reply 25
Original post by beaver_tron
the doctor did say it couldve been genetic ..

Yes but the genes in question could have been inherited from his mothers side, or it could have been a spontaneous mutation/copying error. Equally it could just as easily be the result of low utero testosterone levels during his mother's pregnancy.
Original post by Cephalus
Would it really work though?

How degrading would it be for a man to pleasure a girl using toys because he can't do it himself?

I guess it depends on the people in question. Of course the guy would feel degraded but I guess some guys have less pride than others, and perhaps the person they're with could help them feel better about it?

I don't know, I'm just trying to be positive! :tongue:
Personally speaking, if you love someone enough, I don't think it would be a massive factor, but everyone's different.
Reply 27
Yes but the genes in question could have been inherited from his mothers side, or it could have been a spontaneous mutation/copying error. Equally it could just as easily be the result of low utero testosterone levels during his mother's pregnancy.

So can we deduce that his mother has a small penis?
Reply 28
Original post by Cephalus
So can we deduce that his mother has a small penis?

The homeobox genes which partially dictate the size of the penis (amongst other things) can be inherited from the mother or the father.

Im putting it out there that there is a chance his dad couldve had a small penis.
Find someone who has a micropenis fetish. :dontknow:
Reply 31
Original post by beaver_tron
Im putting it out there that there is a chance his dad couldve had a small penis.

Sure, there's a chance, but it's pretty unlikely that it's as small as the OPs. Technically speaking, an erect penis of less than 3 inches is classified as a 'micropenis', which only 0.5% of the male population are unfortunate to have.
Sure, there's a chance, but it's pretty unlikely that it's as small as the OPs. Technically speaking, an erect penis of less than 3 inches is classified as a 'micropenis', which only 0.5% of the male population are unfortunate to have.

You do realize it says "thread starter" next to your name, right?
Original post by Sabertooth
You do realize it says "thread starter" next to your name, right?
:rofl: I was just about to ask why he was referring to himself in the third-person.
Reply 34
I was really baffled by the subject header when I first read it - of course you can have a relationship, I've never been aware of guys sharing with the girl their penis size before coming to an agreement to go out.

I agree though, the right girl won't care at all what size you are. Love is love and it comes in all shapes and sizes.
Reply 35
I suggest you go on a forum where other guys with the same problem discuss this. I saw some page with a guy talking about his 'micropenis' on tumblr. His was about 1.5 inches erect, so if he's doing well with that, there is no reason you can't work with your 2.8. How is the girth?

Since a lot of men are hung up on their penis size and worry about it, I assume penis enlargement surgeries would be a lot more popular if they were often successful. I heard a doctor say that once a guy has really gone in-depth with the facts and learned about the risks, he will never go through with it. I'm sure there is the occasional Beverly Hills super-surgeon who can do wonders though, you can look into it if you're okay with risks/money isn't an issue.

I'd say the same as others have replied - get really good at oral and using your hands.
The 'size' issue is very hyped and most of the time, I find a too large penis much more problematic than a small one. However, I am quite 'narrow' down there - an average sized penis can often hurt me if he goes too deep. I have friends who genuinely care about size because they need more (that is not just girly talk, I know they are being truthful), so obviously women vary in this respect. There are some women who will find your penis slightly too small for physical pleasure, and some who will find it just fine. Obviously as it is below the average size, there are more women who will find it too short than if it was larger - but you know that already (just being accurate here, I see no reason in serving you bull**** if I'm going to be helpful). My point is - people are different sexually, and I am sure some women will fit you, either because she finds your penis size suits her, or because she is more into oral sex (which is not entirely uncommon, 90% of women need clitoral stimulation to orgasm, and most men can't get there through penetration anyway).
For the future, I don't think you need to take 8 months before having sex. The idea that you form an emotional bond before sex is a good one - I'd recommend that to anyone interested in a relationship actually. But 8 months is perhaps a bit too long. You got to know her well, but you were still hurt by her reaction when you first got naked (indicating you didn't know her as well as you thought?). You will get sexual eventually, and there is no way you can 'lock' a partner in to prevent them from ever dumping you. Same as a girl can get commitment from a guy before sex to decrease the chance that he'll abandon her, but she can never have a guarantee. As a result, you probably feel like you've wasted 8 months on a no-good girl. Next time, do as before in the sense that you get to know her and all, charm her properly and as before - talk about the sexual stuff before you do it. But when it gets down to it, don't be shy about your first intercourse - confidence is important to women, and there is a chance that your insecurity is more of a turn off than your actual penis size.
Good luck!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
Hahahahahaha the thread title made my extremely **** day :')
Use a strap-on
Well firstly different women have different preferences. Some are real size queens, others are built differently and actually prefer smaller penises.*

Remember that not all sex has to be about penis-in-vagina; there is a LOT of stuff you can do without getting your cock out, and spending a lot of time and effort on this can take the pressure off, so you're not relying solely on penetration to give pleasure. When you actually get down to penetration, some positions allow deeper penetration than others, in particular doggy style and missionary with her legs up.*

The main thing is to act completely confident even if you're not. Confidence is sexy. Cringing and apologising is not. Believe in yourself! You can pleasure a woman!

And if all else fails, you can buy penis sheaths online for about £10 which slip on over the top of your actual penis and add length/girth. Some of them come with interesting attachments too. Not sure if TSR really wants me linking to sex shops but just google "penis sheath".

I wouldn't necessarily rule out one night stands either. Being below average in the pants department certainly didn't stop some of my casual partners. :P

I'm sorry that you had that experience with your ex, but having a mini peen doesn't mean you're doomed to sexual frustration for the rest of your life.*
Urrr be in a relationship with a virgin so she has nothing to compare you to

Quick Reply

Latest