The Student Room Group

Help! Is he interested in me? Showing both good and bad signs!

I've never really gotten advice to be honest, only because it's hard to actually see the whole story from a few words, but i'm going to try because it's really bugging me:?

Here's the jist:

There's this place I work at part time which i've been there for 3 months and there's this employee in his late 20's that takes me to work. When we met, conservation was great, we spoke about everything on the way to work, what he liked, what uni he went to, what i wanted to do, school, older and everything. However, I would probably class this as normal conversation.

SIGNS:

At work, he complimented how I smile alot and that he wished he could smile like me. Everytime I smiled, he would catch me smiling, look at me for a second then carry on what he was doing.

Another time, I dyed my hair from black-brown to very dark brown, if i'm being honest, no one really noticed, well hardly anyway, but after a few hours at work, he said 'did you dye your hair, I just noticed?' when I answered yes, he said 'ohh it looks nice' But tbh, the lights are pretty dim where I work, I seriously don't think he actually noticed on the spot, unless he noticed when we were all outside in pure daylight.

He jokingly said that this 'here, heres a rose for you haha' when it was infact a plastic flower lol but it was only for me to put it away lol.

When it was my birthday, whilst working he offered to buy vodka for me and my friend and drink together, I said jokingly said yes but then said no since i had to get back home.

We have so many things in common such as he was telling me how he was treated when he was younger, and I could relate to that totally because I had once been treated the same. Conversation just flowed lik there was no tomorrow.

HOWEVER:

HE HARDLY MAKES EYE CONTACT WITH ME. okay, he does when i'm actually asking him something on a one to one basis. BUT, when there's e.g 4 of us, and we're talking about something and he pitches in, he alwaysss looks at something else whilst replying me, never ever looks at me even though I look at him. I wouldn't say he is SHY AT ALL. he's confident.

Hes sometimes "moody" and just doesnt talk to anyone.

Since I was new, everything was fresh, it was good, but after 2 months, we no longer have these types of "conversations" about anything now. I mean, when he takes me to my bus stop, we don't talk at all in the car anymore, maybe it's because theres been another employee in the car too? I'm not sure.

AND ONE MORE HOWEVER:

HE HAS A FIANCEE. Basically when I met him, he actually said he never really experienced 'real love' before. He said this before we were close so it was nothing to do with this. Also, he told me that a spiritualist told him that he's gonna experience another women in his life in the future, which he shared with me.

Is he actually interested in me? Because I am attracted to him but I always pull away due to the fact he has a financee. But the main question is, does he like me or does he find me as a 'sister' or something?! Since I am 19 and he is 28. It's driving me insane because he is showing both good and bad signs, I just want to know what you guys think.
Main question: Does he like me?

ALTHOUGH WE DON'T MAKE CONVERSATION IN THE CAR, HE STILL SHOWS THE SIGNS THAT I'VE LISTED ABOVE!
Okay well there's really only two things to say about this. (one nice and one harsh)
1) if he's got a fiance you should really back off from him. nobody respects the sanctity of a relationship nowadays and cheating is a major character flaw in both the guy and girl.

2)He either likes you and doesn't want to do anything about it (as he has a fiance and doesn't want to ruin his relationship), he likes you and doesn't know if you like him, he doesn't like you and is just being polite and civil. we can all feel some attraction towards other people while we're in monogamous relationships but cheating and starting any kind of affair etc based on attraction is a recipe for a crap start to any kind of future.

my advice, either come right out and ask if he likes you and that you kind of like him. (both those things together). be relaxed and say it when you both have a private moment. be prepared for the consequences negative or positive. for the love of God don't cheat. OR you can let it be and just remain friends.
you might not be able to control your feelings but you can definitely control your actions. one man is not the be all and end all of your life.

regardless of the actions you take, be straight about it. and be prepared for the conseuqences. don't mess with this guy's heart, especially if he's in a committed relationship (because you would be in effect ruining three people's lives). talk with him, and if he feels the same, you would have to ask him to break it off with her first. to be honest i think that it might just be a crush, but i hope it works out for all parties concerned positively :smile:
[QUOTE="Anonymous;40146399"]
HOWEVER:

HE HARDLY MAKES EYE CONTACT WITH ME. okay, he does when i'm actually asking him something on a one to one basis. BUT, when there's e.g 4 of us, and we're talking about something and he pitches in, he alwaysss looks at something else whilst replying me, never ever looks at me even though I look at him. I wouldn't say he is SHY AT ALL. he's confident.

I'm like this when I fancy someone.
Reply 3
this is the second time you have made this post with the exact same words :unimpressed:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending