The Student Room Group

Do I need to change, am i loser for being passionate about stuff im not good at?

Is it a bit loserish to be passionate about something that you are not good at? Like for example I work out and do athletic training 6 times a week almost every evening, I dont go out drinking etc (mainly cause ive no friends lol) or bother with lads (might do if i got asked out) I just always see my body as one of the most important things healthwise and keeping in shape. I have to do races etc for points but always come last, i try to improve but am not that genetically gifted in fact if theres anyone better than me turns up they go on the team instead. It still doesnt stop me keeping fit though and aiming to be better, people come along having never trained and are better which is annoying but yea, am I a bit of a loser would you say? Im 28 and still live at home but im still figuring ut a career etc. I want to do something healthcare like physio but ive seen some of the physio students a lot of them are great at sport and have been talented in the past etc. I dont know, should i carry on how i am or do i need to change somehow/get my priorities right?
Reply 2
No you're definitely not a loser. In fact, you have a great attitude and it's awesome that you still feel motivated to do it despite not being too successful in races. What you're doing sounds healthy, and it's certainly not something to feel ashamed about - more people should be acting like you! You will appreciate later in life that you didn't sit around and drink too much.
It's passion and dedication that MAKES you good at something. So your question is absurd and silly, i.e. no you don't need to change.
Reply 4
Original post by inthedark1
Is it a bit loserish to be passionate about something that you are not good at? Like for example I work out and do athletic training 6 times a week almost every evening, I dont go out drinking etc (mainly cause ive no friends lol) or bother with lads (might do if i got asked out) I just always see my body as one of the most important things healthwise and keeping in shape. I have to do races etc for points but always come last, i try to improve but am not that genetically gifted in fact if theres anyone better than me turns up they go on the team instead. It still doesnt stop me keeping fit though and aiming to be better, people come along having never trained and are better which is annoying but yea, am I a bit of a loser would you say? Im 28 and still live at home but im still figuring ut a career etc. I want to do something healthcare like physio but ive seen some of the physio students a lot of them are great at sport and have been talented in the past etc. I dont know, should i carry on how i am or do i need to change somehow/get my priorities right?

Quite the opposite! I have nothing but respect for you. Never give up. Follow your heart, and most of all , care not what anyone haters think of you. That's all they can do - hate, usually because you are truly passionate about something and they're not! And I think their are few things you could be more passionante about than your own health and wellbeing.

No one is born inherently good at something. And i've found that although I may suck at something at the onset, if I keep focused, motivate and determined then at some point down the line my abilities just skyrocket. But you're trying and that's what really counts.

rffedr.png
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
I just think that the people my age who are married, have kids and their own house would look at me and think grow up lol. Its like most pople i meet are not interested in being friends because im not on their wavelength of drinking and sex.
Reply 6
You were 27 yesterday, is today your birthday?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=40122287&highlight=
Reply 7
Original post by spiral87
You were 27 yesterday, is today your birthday?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=40122287&highlight=

No Im 28 in a month I call myself 28 in an attempt to adjust to being so bloody old.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending