The Student Room Group

SPSS.

Hey, guys :smile:

I study psychology at the University of Oslo, and I'm currently taking a subject where I need to use SPSS. I have finished my analyze (at least I hope I have), but I need some help analyzing my results. I'm stuck...!

It's a fabricated analyzes, so I have therefore made all of the data I've used by myself. I studied how your pulse (operationalization of stress) is affected by driving car in a queue and if you have a meeting to attend. I also took a pre - and posttest, to find the pulse before and after the manipulation (making a queue..)
I have:
Pre and post-test (named time in the analyses)
Queue (kø) / no queue (ikke kø)
Meeting (avtale)/ no meeting (ikke avtale)

I used repeated measures analyzes, and got an interaction between time x queue, time x meeting, queue x meeting. They were all significant.
I also got an threeway (?) interaction; time x meeting x queue. Which my teacher said was the important one, but I have no idea what it says or what it even means. I'm so screwed..

So what does an interaction tell you? Does it tell you that one variable varies because of an other one? I tried putting my analyses in as a picture, but it became way to small... GOD. I'm doomed. Oh, wait it worked!

Could anyone explain to me what the tables "test of between subjects effect" and "tests of with-in subjects effects" tells you if all your results are significant? Anyone?

Sorry for the bad English, by the way. I'm forever grateful if someone answers me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending