The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Archaeology/Anthropology Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by PetrJ
Thanks for calming me down :biggrin: .. anyway,which extracurricular experience do you have? (which you put into your PS).. sorry if it sounds cheeky,but I just want to check what are my chances..

Haha no worries mate, I said I did an archaeological dig, I play rugby, I did an Open Uni course on Ancient Greek, I got a gliding scholarship and I can't really remember anything else. What about you?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 41
That's great.. well I'm quite trying to get my experience at the last minute.. so,visited some lectures,going to volunteer with kids from difficult backgrounds ,currently doing sort of a school thesis from sociology and,yeah,I'm still doing a part-time job during all this (in a shop,so quite unusable in the PS).I also read about my future subject.. .. also I'm an EU applicant.... but I still fear it's not enough :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Do you guys know how many people (as in percentage) get offers after the interview?
Reply 43
Original post by PetrJ
That's great.. well I'm quite trying to get my experience at the last minute.. so,visited some lectures,going to volunteer with kids from difficult backgrounds ,currently doing sort of a school thesis from sociology and,yeah,I'm still doing a part-time job during all this (in a shop,so quite unusable in the PS).I also read about my future subject.. .. also I'm an EU applicant.... but I still fear it's not enough :biggrin:

Nice one, where you coming from?
Reply 44
Original post by Gabi_camera
Do you guys know how many people (as in percentage) get offers after the interview?

They said that 50% got offers after interview last year
Original post by Alimbo95
They said that 50% got offers after interview last year

Reply 46
Nice one, where you coming from?

I'm Czech :smile:
Reply 47
I'm applying for archaeology at Southampton, Bristol, Reading and Exeter :smile:
Also applying for history at Oxford Brookes.

Southampton (and OB) have e-mailed me to say they received my application, my information was only sent yesterday though so I have a long wait ahead :rolleyes:
Original post by PetrJ
I'm Czech :smile:

Yay Eastern Europe :smile: I'm Polish :P Did you get an interview at UCL?
I've applied for archaeology and anthropology at Birmingham, Durham, Exeter, Manchester and UCL, and I have offers from Birmingham, Exeter and Manchester and an interview at UCL!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 50
Original post by NaomiRawwrr
I've applied for archaeology and anthropology at Birmingham, Durham, Exeter, Manchester and UCL, and I have offers from Birmingham, Exeter and Manchester and an interview at UCL!

Nice one, when's your interview?
Nice one, when's your interview?

12th December!
Reply 52
12th December!

Ah me too, I'll see you there!
Ah me too, I'll see you there!

Is it just me who's really nervous? I'm not good with interviews!

Reply 54
Hi :smile: I'm applying for Arch and Anth, and went to an Open Day and Interview on 14th November. So I can answer any questions about that if you want! Don't know if I have an offer yet though, although apparently they made their decisions this week and passed them onto the Faculty to update UCAS by the start of next week - so hoping I hear tomorrow!

I was told there's 55 places in Archaeology altogether, including about 20 for Arch and Anth. They'll make about 150 offers overall, 80 of which are for Arch and Anth. (Almost everyone at my Open Day was for Arch and Anth other than about 4 people!)
Reply 55
Is it just me who's really nervous? I'm not good with interviews!

You're not the only one, but I heard they're not really technical, more about you as a person, so just be yourself! :smile:
You're not the only one, but I heard they're not really technical, more about you as a person, so just be yourself! :smile:

That's quite reassuring! Are you applying for straight archaeology or joint honours?

Reply 57
Original post by vickyness
Hi :smile: I'm applying for Arch and Anth, and went to an Open Day and Interview on 14th November. So I can answer any questions about that if you want! Don't know if I have an offer yet though, although apparently they made their decisions this week and passed them onto the Faculty to update UCAS by the start of next week - so hoping I hear tomorrow!

I was told there's 55 places in Archaeology altogether, including about 20 for Arch and Anth. They'll make about 150 offers overall, 80 of which are for Arch and Anth. (Almost everyone at my Open Day was for Arch and Anth other than about 4 people!)

Hiya, I hope it went well and you get your offer soon. What was it like?
Reply 58
That's quite reassuring! Are you applying for straight archaeology or joint honours?

Classical Archaeology and Classical Civ myself. You?
Reply 59
Hiya, I hope it went well and you get your offer soon. What was it like?

It was actually really good, and definitely confirmed that I'd like to go there. I'd seen some of it before on the UCL Open Day, but it was still worth going, aside from the interview.

We had a tour of the department, a seminar on some objects, and should have had an object handling session but the person was ill.

Then we all had interviews between 12 and 2 which lasted about 20 mins. I was really worried about it, but it was pretty informal and more of a general chat. They asked mostly about stuff from their questionnaire, specifically about the object/location you chose, so be prepared to talk about that. But it was alright and nowhere near as stressful as I expected!

Finally, there was a general presentation about the course and life at UCL by some of the students, before you got a tour of the Anth department or the Petrie Museum. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending