University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Archaeology/Anthropology Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by SeanFinn
Brilliant news! Well done!:smile:

Did you get your offer through UCAS? And what was your offer, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah it came through UCAS, although I got an email a few days before telling me that the department had made decisions and had passed them on to the faculty to put on UCAS :/

I do IB, so I got an offer of 36 points with 17 in 3 HL subjects and no subjects less than a 5.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 81
Got a questionnaire through from UCL today. It's like the personal statement panic all over again :eek:
Reply 82
Original post by megmaria
Got a questionnaire through from UCL today. It's like the personal statement panic all over again :eek:

What does it say? Which questions they gave you?
Reply 83
1. What inspired you to apply to this particular course? (Did you consider any of the other degrees that we offer at the Institute of Archaeology, Anthropology, Art History, or other UCL departments?)

2. Some aspects of your degree will include fieldwork (e.g. excavating / field walking / camping) and other aspects involve time in libraries, museums and laboratories. Which aspects of this do you find most appealing and why? (If you have experience of volunteering at a museum or similar institution, have taken part in any archaeological fieldwork, been on a camping expedition, or have a travel experience that you feel is relevant then do mention these.)

3. Identify an artefact, archaeological site, book or news story relevant to your chosen degree and discuss why it interests you and what studying it can reveal about the past or current concerns. (Maximum of 250 words)

4. Our degrees offer the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills that are equally relevant to employment outside the discipline (Teamwork, Organisation, Information Technology, Data handling, and Multicultural understanding, as well as Writing, Research, Presentation and Communication skills). How will studying this course at University fit in with your current career aims?

5. [For applicants who propose to defer entry to University for a year, or who are already doing so.] How do you intend to spend/are you spending your deferral year and what benefits for your university degree/career do you hope to gain?

6. Do you have any questions or any further information you would like to add or discuss at the interview?

Sorry I took so long to reply, only just checked student room
Reply 84
1. What inspired you to apply to this particular course? (Did you consider any of the other degrees that we offer at the Institute of Archaeology, Anthropology, Art History, or other UCL departments?)

2. Some aspects of your degree will include fieldwork (e.g. excavating / field walking / camping) and other aspects involve time in libraries, museums and laboratories. Which aspects of this do you find most appealing and why? (If you have experience of volunteering at a museum or similar institution, have taken part in any archaeological fieldwork, been on a camping expedition, or have a travel experience that you feel is relevant then do mention these.)

3. Identify an artefact, archaeological site, book or news story relevant to your chosen degree and discuss why it interests you and what studying it can reveal about the past or current concerns. (Maximum of 250 words)

4. Our degrees offer the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills that are equally relevant to employment outside the discipline (Teamwork, Organisation, Information Technology, Data handling, and Multicultural understanding, as well as Writing, Research, Presentation and Communication skills). How will studying this course at University fit in with your current career aims?

5. [For applicants who propose to defer entry to University for a year, or who are already doing so.] How do you intend to spend/are you spending your deferral year and what benefits for your university degree/career do you hope to gain?

6. Do you have any questions or any further information you would like to add or discuss at the interview?

Sorry I took so long to reply, only just checked student room

It's alright,don't worry :smile:

It's a lot of questions.. and unfortunately I can't relate to it,because the questions for Anthropology course are different I suppose..
Reply 85
Original post by PetrJ
It's alright,don't worry :smile:

It's a lot of questions.. and unfortunately I can't relate to it,because the questions for Anthropology course are different I suppose..

The course I've applied for is Anthropology and Archaeology, yet all the questions related to Aracheology =/
Reply 86
The course I've applied for is Anthropology and Archaeology, yet all the questions related to Aracheology =/

Yeah,wow.. fingers crossed..
and did you include any digging/museum work in your PS?
(or archeology related)
Reply 87
Original post by PetrJ
Yeah,wow.. fingers crossed..
and did you include any digging/museum work in your PS?
(or archeology related)

No =/ it was mostly Anthropology based with a bit on visits to different archaeological sites, no actual digging. I think that might be why they're asking so many questions on archaeology.
Reply 88
No =/ it was mostly Anthropology based with a bit on visits to different archaeological sites, no actual digging. I think that might be why they're asking so many questions on archaeology.

Just think about what archeology means to you and you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 89

I think it's just because the Anth & Arch degree is part of the Archaeology department and they send out the same questionnaire to each candidate who applied to that department, regardless of what degree (if you get my drift?)
Anyone applying for Ancient History and Archaeology double honours? I am, just wondering if there's many others on here as it's difficult coming across other people who are! I've applied to Newcastle, Nottingham, Leicester, Manchester, and Trinity Saint David.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by spottytherotter
Anyone applying for Ancient History and Archaeology double honours? I am, just wondering if there's many others on here as it's difficult coming across other people who are! I've applied to Newcastle, Nottingham, Leicester, Manchester, and Trinity Saint David.

Yeah I am mostly, but for UCL it's Classical Arch and Classical Civ
Reply 92
Original post by Alimbo95
I think it's just because the Anth & Arch degree is part of the Archaeology department and they send out the same questionnaire to each candidate who applied to that department, regardless of what degree (if you get my drift?)

That's alright then. Sent it back to them today but accidentally sent it 7 times when hotmail was informing me that it wasn't sending... Oh well, they aren't testing me on my IT skills.

Also got an offer from Bristol so feeling quite pleased with myself xD

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hey :smile:

i've applied for ancient history and archaeology at Newcastle and St Andrews. I have then applied for archaeology at UCL, Bristol and Leicester. Have you had any offers yet ? Haha, yeah I have struggled to find other people applying for my courses too!
Reply 94
That's alright then. Sent it back to them today but accidentally sent it 7 times when hotmail was informing me that it wasn't sending... Oh well, they aren't testing me on my IT skills.

Also got an offer from Bristol so feeling quite pleased with myself xD

Ahaa I'm sure they won't mind :')

Woo, well done on your offer!
Reply 95
Original post by Alimbo95
Ahaa I'm sure they won't mind :')

They didn't xD got an interview!
Just need to prepare now :smile:

Reply 96
They didn't xD got an interview!
Just need to prepare now :smile:

Nice one, congrats! When is it?
hey,

I just got a questionnaire from UCL today :biggrin: and I really don't want to screw it up:rolleyes: so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by Barrett1994
Hey :smile:

i've applied for ancient history and archaeology at Newcastle and St Andrews. I have then applied for archaeology at UCL, Bristol and Leicester. Have you had any offers yet ? Haha, yeah I have struggled to find other people applying for my courses too!

Hi!

So far I've got good offers from Trinity Saint David, Leicester and Manchester (Manchester being my favourite out of those three) but am still waiting for my big two, Nottingham and Newcastle (Newcastle being my first choice). How about you? :smile:
Hi!

So far I've got good offers from Trinity Saint David, Leicester and Manchester (Manchester being my favourite out of those three) but am still waiting for my big two, Nottingham and Newcastle (Newcastle being my first choice). How about you?

Well done on all the offers :smile: I've heard really good things about Manchester! oh I've applied for Newcastle too, it was a favorite of mine, plus its where my Dad went to university so the family are very keen for me to go there :smile: So far I've had offers from Leicester, Newcastle and a questionnaire from UCL (then if they like my answers to the questions I get an interview). I'm waiting to hear from Bristol and St Andrews. However, I'm trying not to think about St Andrews because they only give out offers after January 15th

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending