The Student Room Group

Opinions on Psychology A level?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm doing A2 Psychology (WJEC) currently.

The first year was a little boring for me - what motivated me to do the A level was actually the course content in the second year (for our summer exam we're studying schizophrenia, depression and memory). But there are still some interesting studies I learned about. The most interesting one for me was Milgram's study on obedience, very interesting :smile:

Second year is OK so far; my January exam is basically just two-and-three mark answers for one half and essay questions for the other half.

I'd say that if you like writing essays and you're willing to put the effort in then psychology will probably be quite easy for you. If you struggle to write essays you might find it difficult but your writing will progress as the course goes on. There are also a LOT of facts to remember but again, if you put the work in and don't leave revision or homework to the last minute you should be able to memorise it fine.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
I'm doing my A2 now, and got a B at AS Level. I actually find it one of the hardest out of all my other A2s (History, English language and Politics). I took it as a variation from all my other essay-subjects and it's pretty good, and manageable if you keep on top of the work.
Reply 22
I think psychology's one of those subjects you either love or hate. I personally find it fab and want to do it at university, but the majority of my 6th form don't appear to share my opinion. It went from being the most popular subject in our 6th form with full classes at AS to classes of about 3. I'm not saying it's going to be like that everywhere, I just think it would be wise to do some research into it first. I'd 100% recommend it but it's certainly not for everyone :smile: Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest