Mr M's GCSE Maths Linear Higher Tier 1MA0 Paper 1 Answers November 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zed963
Now maybe?

Done.
there was a volume question asking to find the volume
it had 2 more other shapes at the top
but i just did 9*7 = 72 and then *10 = 720
or whatever the numbers were and it was a rectangle i think..

mr m would i get it right, and are u an examiner
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kaiden
Mr M, for question I gave the answer as 620 as I left it as 31 instead of 30, will I get the marks?

Yes.
Mr M, this isn't about edexcel but a GCSE AQA question...

We had a 2 mark questionnaire which just required a response question, and I did 5 response (tick boxes), non overlapping times (but didn't start from 0/I used minutes when it was supposed to be days) and displayed it as n-n, not with inequalities.

I know edexcel is different from AQA, but from your knowledge, do you know how many marks I'd get, if any at all out of 2?
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
there was a volume question asking to find the volume
it had 2 more other shapes at the top
but i just did 9*7 = 72 and then *10 = 720
or whatever the numbers were and it was a rectangle i think..

mr m would i get it right, and are u an examiner

1 mark for that.

I am an A Level examiner and I write exam questions (not for GCSE though).
Original post by Mathslover0
Mr M, this isn't about edexcel but a GCSE AQA question...

We had a 2 mark questionnaire which just required a response question, and I did 5 response (tick boxes), non overlapping times (but didn't start from 0/I used minutes when it was supposed to be days) and displayed it as n-n, not with inequalities.

I know edexcel is different from AQA, but from your knowledge, do you know how many marks I'd get, if any at all out of 2?

Probably 1 out of 2.
Reply 106
for the question about about fillling his garden with seed was it asking for the price or how many bags he needs? i put the price does this cost me any marks?
Mr M for question 12 I did all the working out but my final answer was 36-8.5pi, will i get the full three marks.
Yes :smile:
According to this - if i get all the qwc marks and stuff then i will get 98. Woo Hoo!
The question I got wrong was 14 on bearings I put 310. Do you think they might make it an SC and give one mark for it. I hope they do - I was going for full marks because my sister got 200/200 when she did it a couple of years ago
Original post by SpecialChild
Mr M for question 12 I did all the working out but my final answer was 36-8.5pi, will i get the full three marks.

I'm afraid not as your answer is wrong. You might get two marks though.
Reply 110
Original post by Mr M
Done.

I wasn't referring to that question, I was referring to the question about the 12 sides.
Original post by zed963
I wasn't referring to that question, I was referring to the question about the 12 sides.

So you were. Sorry. You don't need a diagram for that question.

Two interior angles of the regular polygon + one interior angle of an equilateral triangle = 360 degrees.

This is all you need to know.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Yes :smile:
According to this - if i get all the qwc marks and stuff then i will get 98. Woo Hoo!
The question I got wrong was 14 on bearings I put 310. Do you think they might make it an SC and give one mark for it. I hope they do - I was going for full marks because my sister got 200/200 when she did it a couple of years ago

310 *might* get one mark but I'm not convinced.
Original post by Marrble
for the question about about fillling his garden with seed was it asking for the price or how many bags he needs? i put the price does this cost me any marks?

It asked for the price.
Reply 114
Original post by Mr M
So you were. Sorry. You don't need a diagram for that question.

Two interior angles of the regular polygon + one interior angle of an equilateral triangle = 360 degrees.

This is all you need to know.

It's just that I wrote the answer as 6. But I probably had 12 somewhere in my working. I worked out the in the triangle and I subtracted that to find the interior of the polygon which was 120 and then I worked out the sides by n-2 etc.

How many marks would I get ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by zed963
It's just that I wrote the answer as 6. But I probably had 12 somewhere in my working. I worked out the in the triangle and I subtracted that to find the interior of the polygon which was 120 and then I worked out the sides by n-2 etc.

How many marks would I get ?

Probably 2 marks. The interior angle of the polygon was 150 by the way.
Reply 116
Original post by Mr M
Probably 2 marks. The interior angle of the polygon was 150 by the way.

I still don't understand how it's 150. That's why I wanted to see the diagram.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Mr M

For 27b i got the shape of the cosine graph correct but i don't think it went through the correct angles. Will i at least get 1 mark.
Original post by zed963
I still don't understand how it's 150. That's why I wanted to see the diagram.

Perhaps you could read my previous post?

Two angles of the regular polygon plus one angle of the equilateral triangle met at a point.
Original post by SpecialChild
Mr M

For 27b i got the shape of the cosine graph correct but i don't think it went through the correct angles. Will i at least get 1 mark.

If the shape was sinusoidal then yes I think so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending