The Student Room Group

Msc Corporate Communication in University of West London?

Hi guys

Im working in In-house PR in South east Asia and I was just sponsored to study a post graduate degree in Corporate Communications in England. Due to limited offered courses, I have been accepted to study MA International PR in Cardiff Uni, MA Corporate Communication in Kingston Uni and Msc Corporate Communication in University of West London.

I have declined the offer at Cardiff as I don't really like the idea of living in Wales and my first degree is not in Communication (mine is Business Administration degree from an Australian uni) so I would like to study in a new university which focuses on professional and practical knowledge rather than research Unis. I have studied in Australian National Uni which "apperently" the best in Australia and in top 50 in the world but the degree is seriously useless as all we studied was just going to boring lectures and never carrying out an actual business plan so now I really have to research carefully not to make the second wrong decision.

So far I really like the modues of the Msc course in UWL plus several clients of mine studied at UWL before and they seems quite successful now in their careers so I might go with it.

So, just a quick question:

Have anyone studied this course (or similar) in UWL, what is your feedback? Is it practial/professional enough? Would I have a lot of chances to attend workshops, meet guest speakers, approach real life clients?

Please, I need guinie recommendations and suggestions only, not "ex poly uni" or "new uni" - it's not important to me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Seriously no one? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending