The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
it's not uncommon to see groups of people all dressed up and wearing gowns in the evenings...:p:
visesh
well not wearing one makes us more special here:p:

Meh....weak argument :p:

Btw, iam just joking, if i get my grades then i'l wear whatever they want me to...
I really want to wear one at matriculation photo! I was shocked that King's doesn't have a gown for matriculation. :eek:
If that's what it takes to wear a gown, then so be it! Haha I'm sure when I check out how ridiculous I look in it I'll bury it somewhere and thank God I applied to King's.
visesh
it's not uncommon to see groups of people all dressed up and wearing gowns in the evenings...:p:

Really? doing what?
I know so little ...:redface:
Reply 25
**noooni**
Really? doing what?
I know so little ...:redface:

usually queuing up at cash machines to get some money for wine:p:
And the scarf is bright purple...oh dear ....:p:

Again---if i get in il wear the scarf all year round...il just adjust my wardrobe around its...exciting tones.
Reply 27
**noooni**
I know thats meant to be a good thing but the gowns have a certain Harry Potter aspect that i like :p:
So you dont need a gown at all at Kings?

yes this is the main reason i didnt apply to kings!"!
Plus you can do the old "have your picture taken with Cambridge student for £5" thing with the tourists in the summer. I thought I was the first to come up with it, but no... :rolleyes:

Who wants to join me in making money? :biggrin:
Reply 29
I really quite like the colour of the King's scarf. It brings a small, nay large, beam of brightness to the cold dull grey of Cambridge.
FadeToBlackout
Plus you can do the old "have your picture taken with Cambridge student for £5" thing with the tourists in the summer. I thought I was the first to come up with it, but no... :rolleyes:
:pwnd:

FadeToBlackout
Who wants to join me in making money? :biggrin:

Do you even have to ask?
coldfish
I really quite like the colour of the King's scarf. It brings a small, nay large, beam of brightness to the cold dull grey of Cambridge.

But it doesnt go with anything....
Reply 32
Nooni, I'm with you on this one, I like wearing a gown and I'd be a bit gutted if I turned up at my college to be told that they never wear them. I wasn't really saying it was a benefit of King's that you never wear one. You could go ahead and buy one anyway and formal at other peoples' colleges with it on?

And yeah, anybody seen walking round Cambridge in the evening with a suit/gown/dress/tux on is not even given a second look, it's a perfectly common sight. Slightly less so during the day, though...

Also, I'm with Colfish as well, the King's scarf is awesome, although I can see the problems with the whole colour-coordination issue. That's why you should have come to Sidney Sussex, with our tasteful and subtle claret and navy combination. Awesome.
Black and Yellow is FAAAR more stylish... :wink:
Reply 34
Rik_Rock

And yeah, anybody seen walking round Cambridge in the evening with a suit/gown/dress/tux on is not even given a second look, it's a perfectly common sight. Slightly less so during the day, though...

Oh I miss Cambridge. After only seeing gangs of thugs at night for five weeks, the idea of seeing people all dressed up like that is so appealing!

I wanna dress up again!!
Reply 35
Meh, all scholars at my school have to wear black gowns similar to those at Cam. And the school monitors get purple ones. However it's just become volunatry to wear your gown for scholars, so since I've had mine on for 3 years it looks like it's time off...
Reply 36
I love it when you see guys running in suits and gowns across market square just before formal begins in an attempt to get to formal in time. :biggrin:
Reply 37
FadeToBlackout
Black and Yellow is FAAAR more stylish... :wink:

I don't know about more stylish, but I'll grant you it's more striking. I really like the Clare colours :smile:
Reply 38
Adhsur
Oh I miss Cambridge. After only seeing gangs of thugs at night for five weeks, the idea of seeing people all dressed up like that is so appealing!

I wanna dress up again!!

I'm back!! Hurry up and join me (and teach me all the philosophy you've been revising), it's sooooo much better than being home.
Reply 39
Rik_Rock
I'm back!! Hurry up and join me (and teach me all the philosophy you've been revising), it's sooooo much better than being home.

How is good ol' Crommers? Anyone else back yet? I've not even started packing- it's always a bit of a circus in my house when it comes to packing...:rolleyes:

EDIT- sorry, that was totally off topic.. Gowns are cool I think, although eating soup can be tricky cos I'm quite little so it tends to slide off my shoulders into the soup...but apart from that, all good.:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending