The Student Room Group

Tights are misleading

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trigger
fat guys with beards :coma: I like a man that eats.

Marry me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Trigger
:lol: your baiting makes me laugh, it isn't working :smile:

Not baiting, just fact :redface: So as shown, these girls run the risk of being a 5, pretending to be an 8, and wondering why the guy (whos a 9) gets pissed at them.
Reply 62
Original post by Jimbo1234
Not baiting, just fact :redface: So as shown, these girls run the risk of being a 5, pretending to be an 8, and wondering why the guy (whos a 9) gets pissed at them.

Yeah, i'm a grown up, i don't allocate attractiveness a number and try to cop off in clubs. Far more to life than worrying about making everyone think i'm attractive.
harsh rant ... but can i add that some girls do look unflattering in tights lol. tradegy...
Reply 64
Original post by Anonymous
That's true. Sadly men tend to be much more visual. I can't help it. There have been times when I have developed a little belly (usually over exams) and it didn't bother my gf one bit.

There's a bit of fat then there's spots!
I now realise my ex was only with me cos he was insecure about his spots at the time, and that passed as soon as he went uni the same yr.

Us girls are just a tad too forgiving sometimes... we get used... :/
Original post by Trigger
Yeah, i'm a grown up, i don't allocate attractiveness a number and try to cop off in clubs. Far more to life than worrying about making everyone think i'm attractive.

NB. Helps if you follow the link :teehee:

It's funny how much time you spend trying to get women you will never meet to match up to your ideal standard of female beauty.
Reply 67
Original post by Anonymous
No. I am sick of ass hugging clothes because I realise it's nothing like that in reality. I guess you could say it was a bad experience lol. After being in a committed relationship for close to 7 years I had forgotten a lot of stuff.

Oh my, 7 years and you went for another girl as soon as you were on a break?
Urgh.
Reply 68
NB. Helps if you follow the link :teehee:

I don't click links/use Youtube :yawn:
Original post by ArtGoblin
It's funny how much time you spend trying to get women you will never meet to match up to your ideal standard of female beauty.

a) Not my ideal, but nature.
b) Again, click the blue words :redface: That does tend to help explain a lot.
c) It is interesting to see the level of denial from women on this topic. The facts are out there and written in stone, but still you try to argue that down is up :facepalm: I'm guessing this attitude is the same reason why girls were tights etc and think it will be ok.

Original post by Trigger
I don't click links/use Youtube :yawn:

Because...? Actually, don't bother replying, that sums it up and this is getting off topic.
(edited 11 years ago)
Poor lamb. Tights are warm, who the hell cares how misleading they are? I love my tights.
Tights, pushups, shape**** etc. God forbid girls actually get in shape rather than paying for a false image :giggle:

Yeah, I should totally just freeze to death waiting for a bus or taxi rather than wearing weather appropriate outfits. And I'm sure you never wear flattering clothes. Oh no, us women should take your example and go around with everything hanging out, just as I'm sure you do. As always your logic is incredibly sound.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor
Yeah, I should totally just freeze to death waiting for a bus or taxi rather than wearing weather appropriate outfits. And I'm sure you never wear flattering clothes. Oh no, us women should take your example and go around with everything hanging out, just as I'm sure you do. As always your logic is incredibly sound.

Wow, you really missed my point or misread it.
Firstly, I never said you shouldn't wear weather appropriate clothes did I? Nor did I say not to wear clothes that flatter your figure.....
...just don't wear clothes that lie about your figure.

The male equivalent would be to shove stuffing down his pants, or to have something to make him look like he has a sixpack rather than a beer belly.
How would you feel if that happened to you? After picking up a guy or if you have standards, a guy you have been seeing for a while and when things finally get to the bedroom, BLAM - massive beer belly pops out of nowhere :redface:
Original post by 2ndClass
I saw this girl with the most amazing ass on Sunday. She was on her bicycle and she went into this deli. She had the most amazing ass ever and she was wearing leggings.

Yo if there weren't so many people around I would've smelled her seat, her ass was that crazy

LMAO!! This killed me

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Trigger
fat guys with beards :coma: I like a man that eats.

Maybe not extremely fat but well-built with beards, yea :smile:

I like this kind of men too :biggrin:
Wow, you really missed my point or misread it.
Firstly, I never said you shouldn't wear weather appropriate clothes did I? Nor did I say not to wear clothes that flatter your figure.....
...just don't wear clothes that lie about your figure.

The male equivalent would be to shove stuffing down his pants, or to have something to make him look like he has a sixpack rather than a beer belly.
How would you feel if that happened to you? After picking up a guy or if you have standards, a guy you have been seeing for a while and when things finally get to the bedroom, BLAM - massive beer belly pops out of nowhere :redface:

But tights are weather appropriate? I'd pretty much freeze if I didn't wear them. It's not like I put them on for the purpose of deceiving anyone (I didn't even realise they could hide fat until this thread.) I put them on because this is the UK, and it gets cold in winter. I don't expect guys to not wear coats or hoodies so I can see if they have a beer belly or not.
If I'd been dating someone and I liked them enough to get to that stage, a bit of fat wouldn't bother me, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor
But tights are weather appropriate? I'd pretty much freeze if I didn't wear them. It's not like I put them on for the purpose of deceiving anyone (I didn't even realise they could hide fat until this thread.) I put them on because this is the UK, and it gets cold in winter. I don't expect guys to not wear coats or hoodies so I can see if they have a beer belly or not.
If I'd been dating someone and I liked them enough to get to that stage, a bit of fat wouldn't bother me, no.

I think OP is talking about girls who were jeggings/tights, not just tights and a dress etc.

So you wouldn't even think about the fact that they deceived you, and are that insecure about their image? Well hate to rain on your parade, but such problems can't be ignored unless you want to have a train wreck of a relationship.
Reply 77
Original post by Yidette
Control it do you. But I'm looking at some fair compelling evidence says otherwise!

Depends how you define loyal, Mr Don't-Let-My-Gf-See-This-Thread. :cool:

Most people on here have had many partners within 7 years. I haven't. It's as simple as that really!
Reply 78
Original post by ArtGoblin
OP, my tights cover my hairy legs. :fangs: I don't know how you would have coped...

I know girls do it for that but that doesn't bother me as much. Can't expect a girl to be hairfree everyday, it's a lot of effort :biggrin:
Reply 79
Original post by Amelia-Babe
harsh rant ... but can i add that some girls do look unflattering in tights lol. tradegy...

You have to be really fat for that to happen otherwise it "holds" the fat in quite well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending