The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I find American guys are fantastic - they say if they like you rather than just look at you...they buy you a drink and chat and are really charming....great memories...
Reply 21
Whatever! Go to Denver and James Bond-ify your accent a tad and reel them in!
And..American Girls love british accents.
Always a bonus.
Reply 23
dont generalize or generalise haha...we dont all like talk like this dude....I know you english get all pissed of with the british thing :rolleyes: nationality is hilarious---people get so offended over an invented idea like nationality...London is not really 'english' now is it..eveyrone lives there...the places ive been are peterburough, birmingham, kent, redditch--dont know why--yeah so at least im 1 american girl that knows there is more than London...eugh daft cow haha lol im english now...we are not all ignorant
Reply 24
I think the American accent can be very sexy- it certainly beats many British accents (Scottish, Irish especially)
calderstonesLFC
And..American Girls love british accents.
Always a bonus.

Ah, but do they? :cool:

Actually, I can't lie, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of egophilia: I love my accent. :smile:
Reply 26
My bro's over there. In New York, no-one will bat an eye-lid. A bit further west and you go up in value quickly.
Reply 27
Kernel
I think the American accent can be very sexy- it certainly beats many British accents (Scottish, Irish especially)

aww see those are the type of british guys I have a great time with...not the ignorant ones or the ones where all they know about is going to a pub, getting drunk on warm beer and claiming that they have culture behind their ears
Reply 28
keenya2006
aww see those are the type of british guys I have a great time with...not the ignorant ones or the ones where all they know about is going to a pub, getting drunk on warm beer and claiming that they have culture behind their ears

You are an idiot. Are you saying that Irish and Scottish men are better people than Englishmen? There are a lot of British people, and there aren't just 4 types.
Reply 29
keenya2006

I CANNOT STAND THEM!!!!!
Reply 30
coughsyrup
You are an idiot. Are you saying that Irish and Scottish men are better people than Englishmen? There are a lot of British people, and there aren't just 4 types.

Stop getting so technical
keenya2006
.the places ive been are peterburough, birmingham,

There not exactly the nicest places in the UK:p:
Reply 32
hmm. You've gotta give Ludlow a whirl. There are signs relating to the age of objects there older than even the concept of America. Long live Middle England!
Reply 33
Kernel

Try spending a few days with an American girl and you will change your mind. They are loud and annoying a lot of the time.
Reply 34
hapa_girl
Stop getting so technical

Stop using silly red fonts.
Reply 35
I'd also like to point out that Americans fail to understand any humour involving brainpower.
-x-Lici-x
I find American guys are fantastic - they say if they like you rather than just look at you...they buy you a drink and chat and are really charming....great memories...

It's always about being bought drinks, sooner or later; Jesus Christ. The reason American guys do this more freely, is because American women are more stuck-up than their British counterparts, and expect (well, demand) it more. The American dating scene seems absurdly shallow and female-biased.

Bis
Try spending a few days with an American girl and you will change your mind. They are loud and annoying a lot of the time.

Spot on; brash as f**k, on average.
Reply 37
Kernel

ARE YOU CRAZY?!
The Irish (those from the Republic - not the North) have gotta have the sexiest accent EVER! I fancied an Irish guy for ages. Aaaaarrrgh, every time he so much as uttered a word he'd send me into a swoon. I couldn't get enough of his voice :eek:

Hmpf.
Yeah, but it's women that like the Irish accent on men; not vice versa.
Reply 39
Hmm. I'm sick of everyone loving the Irish. The predisposed attitude towards them is just as wrong as any other form of racism. I love that Americans all think they're Irish or Scottish or Italian. Other people left Europe for the states...

Latest