The Student Room Group

Don't know what Uni to choose... Help!

I’m currently a gap year student re-sitting some modules after narrowly missing out on my predicted grades this summer. I am now on track to get AAA/AAB this January.

I know that I cannot get in to any of the top universities with these grades/my situation but I want to study in London.
I haven't had a chance to visit any due to living up in the North.
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons between places like Queen Mary and Goldsmiths (and other London uni’s)?
Obviously Queen Mary supposedly has a better reputation and is a Russell group Uni and it also depends on the course itself but I want to hear opinions off students/prospective students on here about the courses/general student life. I don’t want to end up somewhere that is in the middle of nowhere/that I'll hate.
Reply 1
Why do you say you won't get into any top unis? If you get the grades and have a strong profile/ personal statement then you might have a shot. just make sure you've got some back up options in case you don't get the grades.I've applied to QM and got a conditional offer AAB to study Psychology :smile: and I've been on one visit and it really looks like a decent place, links to central London and Stratford. My only negative would be that it's in east London which has a rep but from what students told me its really safe in the area of the uni and in accommodation.
I can't say much about goldsmiths, I've only heard about it when a professor from there did a psychology lecture at university of London open day. I'm not sure where it is though or if its any good.
If you really think you can't aim to top top unis (I.e UCL kings imperial) then queen Mary falls just under them (since you're restricting yourself to London)as well as Royal Holloway (although one drawback is that RHUL is just about in the outskirts of London...)

Of course that all depends on the subject you're doing :smile: I don't know about that but I'm speaking from the main league table and the stats for psychology that I've looked at before...

Hope this helps :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending