The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Incorrect.
Presumably from the fact that Churchill pretty much explicitly say they're going to select by UmS scores

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Would the same be applied to John's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4601
Original post by akcs
does anyone know whether the college provides towels for candidates who are staying the night?

They almost certainly won't.
Reply 4602
Original post by tanglad
Ahh that sounds nice, I'm gonna leave at around 3 as I was woefully disorganised and failed to book a train so now I have to drive up from London.

A couple of my close friends are applying for philosophy so I can't be too mean about it :tongue: I actually find it really interesting! Alas my essay writing is too terrible...

Well i hope i will see you there! I'll be the one wearing a sandwich board that says 'guy off the student room' :wink:
Reply 4603
Original post by Audrey...
Yeah I also asked and they said you needed a student pass to get in :frown: Didn't you find the TSA much easier than the one on the Cambridge assessment website?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked the student guides to show me around the college, and they actually brought me into the Library Weee :biggrin: (Sadly my mom called so the cheesy ringtone started ringing in a dead silent room where 5 students were studying.)
Original post by akcs
does anyone know whether the college provides towels for candidates who are staying the night?

Downing college did :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by akcs

Pembroke did.

Whoa, I just remembered that I was in Cambridge for my interviews earlier today, it feels like it was lifetimes ago already. I'm still peeved at how badly I did in the Physics interview.
Pretty accurate representation of how I'm feeling right now.

Spoiler

I was so calm about it all a moment ago, then suddenly a wave of panic overcame me. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply 4607
Original post by wrexhamfc
Pembroke did.

Whoa, I just remembered that I was in Cambridge for my interviews earlier today, it feels like it was lifetimes ago already. I'm still peeved at how badly I did in the Physics interview.

My physical natsci interview for Churchill is tomorrow. Definitely not looking forward to a 40 minute grilling. Well, the worst thing that could happen is not getting in, and I'm already prepared for that!
Reply 4608
Original post by Eddingtonsons
If I don't get in then I will just set these vicious brutes upon them....

Posted from TSR Mobile

EDIT: And yes im watching corrie - what of it?

Ahhhh. They look so sweet :smile:

Reply 4609
Original post by Oromis263
:rolleyes: I'm just not getting my hopes up. It's all well and good that I get on well with STEP I, and have a few strong areas of physics and geology (ish), but my luck will have it that I just fall apart. :biggrin: Not sure applying to King's was my best idea, but hey, done now! :biggrin:

Good luck with the interview fellow reapplicant. This is definitely the last time I am putting myself through this stress 😞

Original post by rostamax
Good luck with the interview fellow reapplicant. This is definitely the last time I am putting myself through this stress

The same to you. :smile: What subject/college combination have you gone for? (Apologies if I've already asked this. :lol: )
Anyone else going insane?

:smokin:
Reply 4612
Last night I couldn't sleep, I was waking up every hour and when I got up before 1 hour, I have pains in back and I was stiffed... My flight is tomorrow so I hope that this night will be pleasant for me. I don't want tomorrow to be ill when I get in the plane... So nervous
Original post by akcs

Both times I have stayed they have provided towels, Selwyn and Tit Hall...
Reply 4614
Original post by iCiaran
Both times I have stayed they have provided towels, Selwyn and Tit Hall...

It's so depressing hearing you all talk about getting ready for your interviews... do I take a towel..?!**?!:tongue:... when SELWYN STILL HAVEN'T EMAILED:angry::angry::angry:

All the excitement of applying has virtually disappeared! Even knowledge that rejections have been sent, so it should be good news, are no help to those of us that have held off preparing for interview until we hear. Ints supposed to be next mon-wed!!!!!!!!!!!! Fed up.:mad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Yay, that cold I thought I'd got rid of has come back with a vengeance, just in time for a 9am interview. Typical!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lord of the Flies

I'm on insanity leave for the next month or so ¦D
Original post by loulou95
It's so depressing hearing you all talk about getting ready for your interviews... do I take a towel..?!**?!:tongue:... when SELWYN STILL HAVEN'T EMAILED:angry::angry::angry:

Beginning to think I shouldn't have bothered. All the excitement of applying has virtually disappeared with the total ineptitude of the admin department! Repeated excuses of the Admissions lady being on maternity leave and someone else covering (who was VERY nice, I remember - wish you were here Ms Pym!) are really not helping. Even knowledge that rejections have been sent, so it should be good news, are no help to those of us that have held off preparing for interview until we hear. Ints supposed to be next mon-wed!!!!!!!!!!!! Fed up.:mad:

I really feel for you. It's a joke how Selwyn are dealing with their applications this year >:/
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by loulou95

Beginning to think I shouldn't have bothered. All the excitement of applying has virtually disappeared with the total ineptitude of the admin department! Repeated excuses of the Admissions lady being on maternity leave and someone else covering (who was VERY nice, I remember - wish you were here Ms Pym!) are really not helping. Even knowledge that rejections have been sent, so it should be good news, are no help to those of us that have held off preparing for interview until we hear. Ints supposed to be next mon-wed!!!!!!!!!!!! Fed up.:mad:

The later you find out the less time you have to be nervous, and the later the interview the shorter the wait until Jan :tongue:

It is a joke though, how a whole college still don't know while I (and other people) am already back from ours... :/
Original post by Lord of the Flies

No, I'm completely sane.

Spoiler

Reply 4619
Those two law interviews yesterday...omgomg i screwed them up big time! the two most difficult conversations I had in my life.. I loved the cambridge students though, so helpful and kind! made me wanna study there even more...

Latest

Trending

Trending