The Student Room Group

Mr M's GCSE Maths Modular Specification B Unit 2 Answers Nov 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It’s quite tough to say but I felt it was quite a challenging paper, much more difficult than in June 2012 when 49 was required for a grade A. previous A grade boundaries were 44, 46, 45, 39. 37
Reply 41
Original post by wolfyo4
:smile: Thanks, need every mark I can get by the looks of things! Re took for an A* from an A, never going to happen with that test! My guess is I got roughly a minimum of 45 :frown: But no more than 50, what do you think that could be grade wise?

It’s quite tough to say but I felt it was quite a challenging paper, much more difficult than in June 2012 when 49 was required for a grade A. previous A grade boundaries were 44, 46, 45, 39. 37
Reply 42
Mr M another question because I saw someone say they had 53.5 marks, would I get anything for the indice question if I left it as cube root symbol 64?

-lewdude :smile:
Reply 43
Oh God I am such a dumbass...
Mr M would I still get the marks if I did 2x3x3x3 for the prime factors question?

Oh yes I also messed up the triangular prism Q by forgetting to divide by 2...
Would I get marks for getting 2x^3+20x^2

Also, I got y= - 1/2 x +4 for the equation of a line Q.
Would I get marks for working out the gradient correctly?
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi Mr M,
For question 9 (Octagon) I got 360/8=45 45/2 = 21.5 180 - 21.5 = 157.5 (How many marks would i get for working out?
for question 15 (Circle theorem) I just wrote down, Tangent from lines make right angles, isosceles triangle , triangle = 180 degrees. (How many marks would i get for working out - Proving)
for the last question, I did everything right however i accidently wrote "41" root 31 / 31 (how many marks would i get?
And lastly for the electricity question, I found 100 units = 25 pounds, then 900 - 100 = 800 and then i found 400 units = 55 pounds and times that by 2 and added it to 25 = 135 (How many marks would be awarded for working out
Thank you so much
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
Does anybody have the unofficial mark scheme for AQA Unit 2 Maths which was taken on November 8th?
Mr M...pleaaaaaaaaaaase... do you know whether I'd get any marks? :smile:
Original post by supergrantholt
Same goes for the triangular prism question - I ended up adding the area of the sides, rather than working out the volume... Would I get any marks?

Sorry I haven't got a clue how marking works... :/

1 mark if you are lucky.
Original post by lewdude
Mr M another question because I saw someone say they had 53.5 marks, would I get anything for the indice question if I left it as cube root symbol 64?

-lewdude :smile:

It is not possible to award 0.5 marks.
thanks and the surds question?
Original post by Mathbomb
Oh God I am such a dumbass...
Mr M would I still get the marks if I did 2x3x3x3 for the prime factors question?

Oh yes I also messed up the triangular prism Q by forgetting to divide by 2...
Would I get marks for getting 2x^3+20x^2

Also, I got y= - 1/2 x +4 for the equation of a line Q.
Would I get marks for working out the gradient correctly?

I'm sorry but I can't remember the questions now. I threw my working away at the weekend.

You would get some credit for the prism and the equation of the line.
thanks and the surds question?

I'm not sure. Your description doesn't give me much to go on and I can't remember the question now anyway.
OK Thanks for the help anyway Mr M.
(edited 11 years ago)
OK Thanks for the help anyway Mr Martin.

???
Reply 54
Hi i just wanted to ask if these are the answers for the edxcel non calculator paper Nov 6th higher tire???? Please reply asap!
Reply 55
: Unit Three is gonna be awful :s-smilie: Im awaiting my results for Unit Two, but I feel as if I did badly :s-smilie:
Reply 56
i feel like i did terrible now x
Reply 57
Mr M, it's the day before results day so do you have any idea about the grade boundaries for this test?
Reply 58
Original post by Mathbomb
Mr M, it's the day before results day so do you have any idea about the grade boundaries for this test?

I

saw them, I think ...

they are on edexcel now.
A* 52
A 44
B 34

not sure about others I didn't really look
Reply 59
Hi does anyone have the actual paper sat ???:smile: as I really need it.
thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending