The Student Room Group

Fragrances- Do You Buy The 50ml or 100ml?

I know the 100ml is more value for money but do you even put a dent in the bottle to justify buying the 100ml?

I just realised that I hardly (if ever) finish a fragrance :s-smilie:
Reply 1
I find that a few years ago, I'd flit between perfumes and never finish a bottle.

Now, I have found my favourite perfumes - though I use about 5, and flit between them, but I only really use those ones. So yes, I would buy the bigger bottle. I also seem to be using a lot more perfume than I used to, because I work now, and often I go to work straight after lectures, so I spray perfume a few times throughout the day to make myself feel a bit fresher.

At the moment I wear:
Chanel Chance Eau Tendre (I'm on my fourth bottle)
Chloe Love Chloe EDP (first, but I love it)
D&G no 3 L'Imperatrice (second huge bottle)
Victoria Secret - Sexy little things Noir, EDP (third bottle)
and vanilla perfume, just plain vanilla. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Depends on the cost. Usually the larger bottle is cheaper. I also switch between which perfumes I use. Actually end up mixing certain fragrances together :biggrin:

So yeah, I usually buy the 100ml 'cos I'm obsessive with perfumes, and use them up.
Reply 3
it's usually cost effective to buy a 100ml
Reply 4
As above, 100ml normally makes sense. The difference in price to double from 50ml to 100ml is normally not much more than 15 pound.
Reply 5
Original post by 2ndClass
I know the 100ml is more value for money but do you even put a dent in the bottle to justify buying the 100ml?

I just realised that I hardly (if ever) finish a fragrance :s-smilie:

Always 100ml... I had a 50ml and it lasted 4 months, this was while using it with other fragrances. I either use too much or I go out too much... my money is on the latter.
Just bought a 90ml rather than 40 I think it was. Felt expensive, but I do use it and enjoy it so it was worth it, particularly as its much better value.
It's a bit annoying for me because 50ml is a bit small but I tend to want a change and look for a new smell before I finish the 100ml. I try to go for in between if available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I normally get gift sets from people so I would say 50ml. I never use the creams or shower gels. I need to stock up again so I'll probably get 100ml, seen so many bargains online!!
50ml. I need a little bit of variety even if the fragrances are somewhat similar and 100ml of each bottle is way too much to pay at once considering some 50ml cost around 60£

Quick Reply

Latest