The Student Room Group

Really like this girl...but she wants time...

Hey TSR people,

I really like this girl I met recently - she's soooo attractive! - but don't want to be too specific as for all I know she might be reading this! She basically said she wants more time because another relationship she had went sour, and she fears going into a relationship now because of it. Does this mean she doesn't like me? And how long should I wait? And what should I say to approach the subject of if she's 'ready'? Argh so many questions! :frown:
Hello :smile:
I don't think it means she doesn't like you at all. I think you should wait a while but make sure you still keep in touch!! If she's just come out of a bad relationship I would be a bit wary because it might still be playing on her mind or whatever. But when she's ready then she will come to you, if you feel like you've waited enough ask her for example on a date .. (cheesey but girls like being wined and dined) if she says yes, she's thought about it and wants to give it a go. If she says no, at least you've tried?!!
Good luck!!
I don't know who this "Time" guy is, but he's very popular with the ladies...

It doesn't mean she doesn't like you, it just means that she's cautious.
Reply 3
Respect the ladies wishes, just tell her you'll be there for her and will be patient, have you told her you like her?
Reply 4
I am kinda suspicious about who this thread was posted by......
Reply 5
It could mean that she was being nice and didn't want to reject you so tried to sort of indirectly, or it could really mean that she just needs time. Tough one..
Reply 6
But then again I am probably wrong :smile:
In that case, just show her that you won't do the things that guy did and if she says something (even if it doesn't make 100% sense) don't challenge her too much and well accept it until and if you two get together.
You just have to be there for her because she was obviously hurt and she needs to recover from that before getting into another relationship if it is to be serious and mean something.
Just my opinion :smile: Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by hira12
But then again I am probably wrong :smile:
In that case, just show her that you won't do the things that guy did and if she says something (even if it doesn't make 100% sense) don't challenge her too much and well accept it until and if you two get together.
You just have to be there for her because she was obviously hurt and she needs to recover from that before getting into another relationship if it is to be serious and mean something.
Just my opinion :smile: Good luck!

Thanks :smile:...by the way in case your wondering I have no idea who you are :tongue: do whoever you thought posted this didn't ... but thanks for the advise regardless :tongue:
Reply 8
Pheww, I thought it was about someone I know and I was like whaaat?! lol no worries, I hope it works out for you! :smile:
i recently met a guy who needed more time, so i just had to wait it out and be there as a close friend until he was ready, it was worth it!
Reply 10
Original post by hira12
Pheww, I thought it was about someone I know and I was like whaaat?! lol no worries, I hope it works out for you! :smile:

Lol nope :tongue:
Thank you! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending