The Student Room Group

Applying to university at the age of 20?

I resat AS level after flat out failing 3 of my four subjects, and then year on I got decent grades. I'm applying for 2013 entry although I'm thinking twice about my course. Only this year has it clicked that I am able to get A/B grades, it's just all about putting the time in, and working smartly (getting the exam technique right, such as my analytical skills). I am applying to uni with BBBC predicted grades, but so far in my school essay work/classroom mock exams I'm getting A/B grades. I am so so so determined to get A/B grades by August, but I'm thinking twice about my university choice. If I was to get, say AAA/AAB in my exams by the time I finish sixth form, if it worth taking a gap year and then applying for 2014 entry for a Law course?

I'll be 20 by then (my birthday is in January) but I don't know if it'll be weird being surrounded by 18/19 year olds? Any words of advice would be appreciated, thank you x
It's hardly weird, how would a 1 or 2 year age difference be weird? Nobody will notice.
Reply 2
My birthday's early September and I've spent my school life in classes with people born late august, which basically puts me at a year older them and it's never really brought up. I don't see how it would be weird unless you bring it up every now and then, I guess. For advice, even though they might piss you off at times, don't mutter anything along the lines of "bloody teenagers", things like that will make it weird.
Reply 3
I came to university two months before my 21st birthday and there is no difference, really. Nobody notices and I was nowhere near the oldest student that I have met. Sure, the majority of new students are around the age of 18-19 but it really isn't a big gap between that and 20/21.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending