The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

What's the likelihood I have a rejection from Bath University???

I have an interview for Pharmacy at Bath University on the 1st November.
It was my first one, so I was naturally a "little" nervous.

At the beginning of the day (it was like a tour/open day with interview thing), they said, 99% of people in the room will get an offer, as you would have to really have messed up the interview to have not gotten an offer.

So, there was 18 applicants there and 5 interviewers. I got this really old, but funny guy who looked a bit like a mad scientist. :smile: He seemed really nice to me. I know other people who got the main admissions guy.

Anyway, the interview, (to me) went well. He said he would ask me one academic question "Which is my hardest A level and why" so I said R.S (my non-science subject).
He asked plenty about my extra-curricular, choir, singing, orchestra, first aid courses etc, sport. Then he asked about an open university course I did, on medicines and drugs. I answered my answer - he seemed to be fine with it, agreeing with everything I said.
Then HE said "did you know this other drug (cant remember name) was also made from salicylic acid - how strange is that! Because it's like two sides of a sword, producing such a harmful drug from salicylic acid". And he laughed and everything. So I just nodded and agreed.... but I'm not sure if he might have been trying to trick me??

Anyway, aside from that, the interview to me, went great.
He said I would hear from UCAS (not bath) in a few weeks after he has shown his notes and my application to the admissions guy. And if I haven't received an email within a month, to give them a call...

So.. It's been like a week and a half. I've received nothing.
BUT - talking to other applicants on the day, who had the main admissions guy as their interviewer, they were told at interview that they would be having an offer...... and I wasn't told this at all...

Does this mean I haven't got an offer? I'm just worried because 3 people now have said to me that at interview they were told they had an offer (but they havent received anything from UCAS yet though!!!) - and I haven't been told anything!

Is it because I didn't have the main admissions guy doing my interview or is it because I don't have an offer?! :frown: So worried!! x
Reply 1
I highly doubt you've done as bad as you think. Admissions tutors aren't evil, they would never try to trip you up like that. Give it the month, I'm sure you'll get the offer.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Divergent
I have an interview for Pharmacy at Bath University on the 1st November.
It was my first one, so I was naturally a "little" nervous.

At the beginning of the day (it was like a tour/open day with interview thing), they said, 99% of people in the room will get an offer, as you would have to really have messed up the interview to have not gotten an offer.

So, there was 18 applicants there and 5 interviewers. I got this really old, but funny guy who looked a bit like a mad scientist. :smile: He seemed really nice to me. I know other people who got the main admissions guy.

Anyway, the interview, (to me) went well. He said he would ask me one academic question "Which is my hardest A level and why" so I said R.S (my non-science subject).
He asked plenty about my extra-curricular, choir, singing, orchestra, first aid courses etc, sport. Then he asked about an open university course I did, on medicines and drugs. I answered my answer - he seemed to be fine with it, agreeing with everything I said.
Then HE said "did you know this other drug (cant remember name) was also made from salicylic acid - how strange is that! Because it's like two sides of a sword, producing such a harmful drug from salicylic acid". And he laughed and everything. So I just nodded and agreed.... but I'm not sure if he might have been trying to trick me??

Anyway, aside from that, the interview to me, went great.
He said I would hear from UCAS (not bath) in a few weeks after he has shown his notes and my application to the admissions guy. And if I haven't received an email within a month, to give them a call...

So.. It's been like a week and a half. I've received nothing.
BUT - talking to other applicants on the day, who had the main admissions guy as their interviewer, they were told at interview that they would be having an offer...... and I wasn't told this at all...

Does this mean I haven't got an offer? I'm just worried because 3 people now have said to me that at interview they were told they had an offer (but they havent received anything from UCAS yet though!!!) - and I haven't been told anything!

Is it because I didn't have the main admissions guy doing my interview or is it because I don't have an offer?! :frown: So worried!! x

A bit late, but I'm curious - did you get an offer?
Reply 3
Original post by eggfriedrice
A bit late, but I'm curious - did you get an offer?

Hey. Yes I did get an offer eventually! I had to ring up, and they said my application was still being processed, so I got my mother to ring up. She said I was getting anxious and stuff, so they told her they would update UCAS track for me within the hour. And I got an offer :3

It's now my firm. Just waiting for my reuslts on thursday! x
Reply 4
Hey. Yes I did get an offer eventually! I had to ring up, and they said my application was still being processed, so I got my mother to ring up. She said I was getting anxious and stuff, so they told her they would update UCAS track for me within the hour. And I got an offer :3

It's now my firm. Just waiting for my reuslts on thursday! x

Hey! Did you get in to Bath? x
Reply 5
Original post by Anz
Hey! Did you get in to Bath? x

Hey :smile:
Yes I did!!
Did you? x
Reply 6
Hey :smile:
Yes I did!!