The Student Room Group

I fancy someone who I could never go out with..

My mum and her dad have been together for about a year.

I have a really good laugh with her, and we often flirt.

I really feel like there is something there, but is it wrong to go for her?

Also, she has a boyfriend, but that never seems to stop her flirting with me when he isn't there.

What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

sounds like a film..
Reply 2
It's a bit weird but fine unless you're living in the same house
Reply 3
How do mum and dad fit into this story at all, anyway?
Why did you mention the mum and dad? It made me assume you liked the mum and the girl.
Reply 5
This is ****ed up.....
Reply 6
You do nothing, for two reasons:
1. She could be your future sister and anything you do now will live with you forever.
2. She has a boyfriend, don't be that guy.
There is no genetic tie so I guess it's not wrong, maybe a lil' weird.
But she has a boyfriend, have some respect for their relationship.
Reply 8
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Why did you mention the mum and dad? It made me assume you liked the mum and the girl.

To me it sounds like the girl is now a potential future step sister?
Original post by Miracle Day
Your mum and your mum's dad have been together for a year? :eek:

He means his mum and the dad of the girl he fancies.
Reply 10
You're not genetically related, no problem there as far as I'm concerned, but she does have a boyfriend. If I were you, let things heat up between you two, and if it looks like anything of substance could emerge between the two of you, then ask her to break up with her boyfriend. But, if you're unable to win her over, then it's best to move on and not dwell.
She's your potential step-sister and she's got a boyfriend.

Don't go there.
Reply 12
I misread this to the point where I thought that you fancied your mum who's in a relationship with her own dad and yet can't stop flirting with you..
Oh man, PLEASE don't do anything.

It would be like that awkward episode on 16 and pregnant when the parents are together and so are the kids and they all live together and both couples have a baby.
I think this is one of those times that you have to do the 'right' thing. Shes off limits, not only because she is basically part of the family, but mainly because she has a boyfriend and that just isn't cricket.
No no no she has a boyfriend don't go there!

I don't think that someone has to be off-limits just because part of your family is dating part of her family. You didn't grow up with her so presumably she isn't in the "sister" role to you. But SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND! Her doing anything with you will hurt him when he eventually finds out. That makes you implicit in his misery. Don't do that. Don't be that guy. Just don't.
or do it and end up on jeremy kyle like every other british...
Reply 17
Only try and get with her if you're a hundred percent sure that you like her.

I was going out with this girl when I decided to go with someone else. So I dumped my girlfriend and a week later I had kissed the new girl and thought it was going well. Especially as the ex didn't seem to care.

But then this new girl found she didn't like me as much as she thought she did. She let me down in a cowardly way which makes me wanna eviscerate her at times (this happened three months ago and I see her everyday at school). I got over it but it wasn't at all a pleasant experience. Plus it distracted me from my work.

So only make a move if you're sure that you like her, even despite the fact her dad is going out with your mum. If she likes you more than her current boyfriend then she might dump him for you. In that case, you're a lucky duck cos it means she's pretty dedicated to you (like I was dedicated to the new girl). But if you back out half way through then it'll really hurt her. And she'll want to eviscerate you. Not nice. Let us know what happens!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
If you go out with a girl who is basically your step sister you will be laughed at by a lot of people, despite there being no genetic ties. Also consider if she isn't actually sexually interested in you and you have misread the signs, how awkward would that be? So my advice is definitely dont go for it, there are other fish in the sea...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Gregheis
If you go out with a girl who is basically your step sister you will be laughed at by a lot of people, despite there being no genetic ties. Also consider if she isn't actually sexually interested in you and you have misread the signs, how awkward would that be? So my advice is definitely dont go for it, there are other fish in the sea...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

What would be your opinion on how people perceived it if the children were in a relationship first and then the parents got together? :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending