The Student Room Group

Are women lying when they say they dont care how handsome or fit a guy is

Scroll to see replies

It's not that it doesn't matter, it's just that there can be other things that are more important. Everyone's different. I mean, good looks are great, but I'd rather have someone I can have a decent conversation with, and a good laugh.

Put it this way; if a guy had good looks but a rubbish personality I would end it.. if he had average or worse looks but a fantastic personality then I would be much more like to get with him. Looks don't make you happy, the person behind the looks does.
Reply 41
Looks always matter.
Reply 42
Original post by Nomes89
There are countless on this forum though, and it's always the same ones. They completely resent women because they haven't had much/any success with them or they haven't been able to attain the good-looking ones they want while accusing those women of being shallow, all the while not even acknowledging existence of the female population that are intelligent, humorous and caring because they are unattractive.

This
Reply 43
Reading a few of these posts and the term 'league' constantly appears, its ****ing stupid, seriously how old are you? Attractiveness and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder and as such attractive looks/qualities are basically opinion. ANYONE can like ANYONE. Jesus the term league is so shallow and narrow minded its unbelievable, and confidence is the mkst attractive quality anyone can have so 'fix up, look sharp' have an ounce of confidence and your chances sky rocket. If they turn you down entirely based on looks then they arent the person you want to be with.
Looks aren't everything. Like everything else, (personality, etc) they are still important.
Kane Chie Mitame

Money, intelligence and appearance are everything in the western world. You may try to deny it, but you know it is true.
Reply 46
Original post by 2ndClass
I've seen some fugly muthatruckers

Lol. This phraseology made me chuckle.
Reply 47
I'm not being funny but would you men date a girl who you thought was unattractive? And people are kidding themselves when they say looks don't matter, how can you have sex with someone consistantly who you don't find attractive?

Mind you, looks doesn't neccasary = attraction. I've been attracted to some ugly women in the past... Not neccasary relationship material attraction but women who I'd think "hmm.. she looks like she's worth a bit of fun", whether that be her appeal, her dress sense, her attitude, her looks, whatever. As harsh as it sounds, I'm pretty sure women feel the same way. Likewise some ugly women I found to be good relationship material because they are caring etc... But some are just a no go for me.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply