The Student Room Group

Am I leading him on?

Hi everyone,

I met this guy on a course who I chatted to a bit, and we've sort of been chatting ever since online. I live in England and he lives in America, so there's a massive long-distance friendship here. He's lovely, but I don't fancy him at all.

I've agreed to meet him, and I really want to, but he's said a couple of things to me which are really flirty and he's super interested in my life (which is really nice). I know from experience that some American guys tend to be more open about flirtiness and dating (although I'm not trying to fit him into a stereotype).

It might just be harmless flirting, but I really, really don't want to meet up as anything more than friends. Does anyone have any tips on how to know if he's actually interested or if he's just flirting?

Thank you for any replies! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone have any tips on how to know if he's actually interested or if he's just flirting?

Thank you for any replies! :smile:

What kind of things does he tell you? if you don't mind me asking. Maybe he just wants to be friends and you are looking too much into it, or maybe he is actually flirting. Can't say much if we don't know how he treats you, what he says to you etc etc, but you said he seems to be very interested in your life, right? that is probably a sign anyway.
It's rare that someone flirts without being interested, especially in males.
Reply 3
Uhm so why haven't you told him you're not interested in him? You agreed to meet him after he flirted with you and until you let him know you're not interested in him, it would be seen as leading on, yes.

Say to him or something similar, "We're meeting as friends, right?" that way he knows that it's not a date.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending