The Student Room Group

Admit feelings or not?

So I have a crush on this guy I don't see very often (due to distance) and whom I will probably not see after January for a long time. We will be hopefully meeting up one or two times over the next few weeks, and I was wondering whether I should tell him or not that I have a crush on him?

If you were a guy, and you met up with a girl which presumably you assumed liked her, would you rather she told you or not?

And in the event of saying it, how should I go about saying it?
Eg: "I like you" "I have a crush on you".. just kiss him?
how do I bring it up in conversation, and should it be towards the start of the meeting or in the middle? I know tradition is it should be said towards the end, but given that I won't be seeing him that much I feel I should say it a little earlier, in case he does reciprocate in some way.. I'm aware it might make the situation awkward, but I would be prepared to deal with that...

I guess I just want to know general TSRian thoughts. I think I'm brave enough to do it, I just want to know which may be the best way of going about it. Or is it a better idea to not do it at all?
Reply 1
If you feel it needs to be said then say it because he might feel the same way and you could have an amazing few times together.
Reply 2
Go on be brave :d.
Original post by Journeyzap
So I have a crush on this guy I don't see very often (due to distance) and whom I will probably not see after January for a long time. We will be hopefully meeting up one or two times over the next few weeks, and I was wondering whether I should tell him or not that I have a crush on him?

If you were a guy, and you met up with a girl which presumably you assumed liked her, would you rather she told you or not?

And in the event of saying it, how should I go about saying it?
Eg: "I like you" "I have a crush on you".. just kiss him?
how do I bring it up in conversation, and should it be towards the start of the meeting or in the middle? I know tradition is it should be said towards the end, but given that I won't be seeing him that much I feel I should say it a little earlier, in case he does reciprocate in some way.. I'm aware it might make the situation awkward, but I would be prepared to deal with that...

I guess I just want to know general TSRian thoughts. I think I'm brave enough to do it, I just want to know which may be the best way of going about it. Or is it a better idea to not do it at all?

:facepalm2:
I always prefer to admit to liking people... but I've never done it to their face! Really, what's the worst that could happen though? It could be a little awkward, but he's hardly going to walk off or be disgusted or hate you etc etc... so my point is go for it :smile: It could go really well :smile:
Reply 5
Hmm don't say "I have a crush on you" and move in for a kiss, that could be awkward. Yes though say, "I really like you" because that's quite normal and can be very flattering unless he's an oddball.
Reply 6
Original post by theonelink
:facepalm2:

Aww, why facepalm? Asking on TSR I suppose I would be getting TSRian thoughts..? : (
Reply 7
Original post by Michaelj
Hmm don't say "I have a crush on you" and move in for a kiss, that could be awkward. Yes though say, "I really like you" because that's quite normal and can be very flattering unless he's an oddball.

I meant more in terms of what should I say do, ie

a) Say... "I have a crush on you" OR "I really like you"

b) Just give him a kiss (not saying anything, but leaving it implicit through the action)

c) something different...

and how would be the best way to introduce it into conversation, as obviously, the perfect gap in conversation to say that does not just crop up, how can I introduce it unawkwardly into the conversation?
Reply 8
A, B or C would work for me! As Nike says.. "just do it"

Life's too short for anything less. :smile:)

Good luck! Though I don't believe in it myself.
yes, tell him, tell him, tell him!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending