The Student Room Group

My AS levels were BCC will I get offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Icedancer95
I got BBCD at as level (dropped the D) and was predicted ABB. I've had offers from all my unis 1 AAB uni, 3 ABB and one 280 ucas points :smile: go for it!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Which uni's did you apply to and got offers from ?

Original post by AmyFretters
Which uni's did you apply to and got offers from ?

I applied for university of Birmingham (AAB) 2 courses at university of Liverpool (ABB) northumbria (ABB/A*BC) and Manchester met (280 ucas points)

I sent my application off on October 9th, had received all 5 offers by October 30th.

With good predicted grades, ps and reference there's no reason why you wouldn't get offers from ABB unis and some AAB unis. I know someone who achieved CCDD at as and still got an offer if ABB because his predicted grades were ABC. Good luck :smile:

YES!

I got BBCC (dropped one of the B's though) so sitting on BCC - had to declare this to them and everything

Currently got 3 offers for ABB (Birmingham, Newcastle, Essex)
And 1 offer for AAB (Leeds)

I am predicted ABB - so maybe this is why, but as far as AS grades go they're obviously not too put off!
My predicted grades are ABB and I'm taking resits in January .. do you think I have a chance or shall I look into taking a gap year ?

With those predicted grades you should definitely get offers of ABB as long as you have a strong ref & ps and you make it clear that you are resitting your bad modules. You could get AAB if your other stuff are especially strong. Of course the struggle is meeting those offers but with resits that get the grades you're looking for and good scores on your A2, it shouldn't be too hard. People make it seem as if it's impossible to go up grades during A2. It really isn't because those who haven't done well in AS often haven't done well because of a lack of effort. Then they are often scared when they realize it's their last chance to get into uni with people their own age (I've seen it and have seen people pull it off!) Put in the effort & there's nothing holding you back.
Reply 24
I am hoping for A*AB :smile: but I am unsure whether to apply this year based on my predictions or wait until I have my grades

Original post by ~MiserableLogic~
I achieved AAAA(A) and was predicted A*A*A*(A*) at A2. Are you jealous? :h:

EDIT: 3 jealous people and others who cannot neg me today. Ha. Losers. :cool:

Are you serious?! Wow.. well done! :smile:
Will I get ABB -AAB offers ??

3 Questions will help answer this

1) What were the 3 subjects?
2) What course are you applying to?
3) What are your A2 predictions?

Please tell me and I will help you!
some universities ignore AS grades and only look at predicted
Reply 28

Yes you will if you are predicted atleast ABB
probably not.
Reply 30
My friend got ABBC and has an interview for a course which requires A*AA. Its not an offer but an interview still means that they've obviously looked past the grades and are considering her. :smile: So yeah, maybe!
It really depends where and what you want to study.
Reply 32
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
3 Questions will help answer this

1) What were the 3 subjects?
2) What course are you applying to?
3) What are your A2 predictions?

Please tell me and I will help you!

English literature, Geography and Business
I want to apply to either politics or Geography
And ABB predictions :smile:

English literature, Geography and Business
I want to apply to either politics or Geography
And ABB predictions :smile:

Ok they're good subjects and they are good uni courses too. The predictions will definetely help and trust me, they do indeed carry more weight. I think you do stand a good chance yes! If you are confident that your BCC can be jumped to ABB in A2 then there shouldn't be any problem with you having a go, and you should eventually hear some good news from the unis. However if you feel that you may not be able to get ABB then I wouldn't recommend applying to ABB unis as you may not be able to meet their offer but from what you have said, it seems like you are capable and enthusiastic enough to get ABB or possibly higher if your very ambitious. So dint give your hopes up and who knows, you could be at a AAB or ABB prestigious uni next year studying Politics or Geog.

Also, 1 more thing I recommend is that you choose between Politics and Geog as quick as possible; because the earlier you apply then the better. :smile:
Good Luck
Reply 34
I have BBBD AS-Levels (and am predicted AABB) and have received AAA offers for law this year. So apply to some AAB-ABB unis but just make sure you also apply for lower offers to be safe. If your predictions are ABB then yes, I reckon you have a good chance of ABB unis, and enough of a chance to apply for AAB unis.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
Would a good uni accept me with ABB ?? or would it be better for me to take a gap year and apply for 2014 after my results.. I am hoping for A*AB

Reply 36
Email some? But you really don't need to wait a year with that! :smile: My other friend who's at uni now got BDEU was predicted BCC and got an AAB offer at Liverpool to study French (she didn't get it though!) but she still got all 5 offers and went to Chester after getting BBC. So just apply and see, nothing to lose :smile:

Reply 37
All the people who say you won't get offers are for ABB are bull crapping, people just don't understand the situation most unis find themselves in these days.

Geography isn't a competitive course, i'm doing accounting and finance and the likes of Aston University who want AAB will accept BBB.

Apply for where you want to, you will be fine and you will get offers.
Original post by Dhaden
All the people who say you won't get offers are for ABB are bull crapping, people just don't understand the situation most unis find themselves in these days.

Geography isn't a competitive course, i'm doing accounting and finance and the likes of Aston University who want AAB will accept BBB.

Apply for where you want to, you will be fine and you will get offers.

Very well said, lol

LOL although is is 2 years late, to whoever looks at this post, do not believe those who say you will not get offers as high as AAB with BCC at A Level.

Believe those who know from experience. I achieved BCCE at AS Level. I got offers from The University of Birmingham, The University of Nottingham, Exeter, UEA, and Reading to do Literature. The offers ranged from ABB-AAA.

So please, do not comment unless it's from experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending