The Student Room Group

Forever single?

I've never been in a relationship, and I know I'm only 16 but it feels like I'm going to end up like one of those 40 year olds in films who are still getting with a new guy every week whilst their friends are getting married and having kids! It's not like I don't talk to guys, I do. I'm always speaking to guys and getting close and whatever, imagine a slut who sleeps around, like that but with actually sleeping with anyone :L And not a slut..not the best way to describe myself! But you get what I mean? I'm just like whyyyy can I not be in a relationship? (and back to the slut thing, I don't have a reputation for it, it's not that bad!)
Reply 1
Original post by emjem10
I've never been in a relationship, and I know I'm only 16 but it feels like I'm going to end up like one of those 40 year olds in films who are still getting with a new guy every week whilst their friends are getting married and having kids! It's not like I don't talk to guys, I do. I'm always speaking to guys and getting close and whatever, imagine a slut who sleeps around, like that but with actually sleeping with anyone :L And not a slut..not the best way to describe myself! But you get what I mean? I'm just like whyyyy can I not be in a relationship? (and back to the slut thing, I don't have a reputation for it, it's not that bad!)

Ta-da.
Seriously, I've been in one relationship since I was 16 - it's really not the end of the world. There are buckets of potentials you'll meet over the few coming years.
You look cute enough and you're only 16. Give it time love and don't throw yourself at blokes. Make them work for your attention. We like it that way.
Reply 3
Original post by emjem10

This one's done folks. Case closed.
Original post by emjem10

You can't judge anyone's future love life on what happened in it when they were 16. All those people you know of your age who are all 'loved up'? You could bet a lot of money they won't be together for life or even the next few years. Having a boyfriend at 16 does not mean you will get married and not having a boyfriend at 16 does not mean you won't get married. Things happen to people at different times. If you think about it, if your friend's in a relationship and you're not, you could actually get married sooner than them. Remember, life is not a race, and you're 16. Life has barely begun. You are going to meet a LOT of people.
Sure, dating early might increase your chances of meeting "the right one" but you could still end up like one of those 40-year-old women desperately trying to find someone to love them before they get "too old".
Reply 6
Original post by emjem10
:L

There's your problem.
You're 16. It's okay.

Loads of people on here are older than that and never had a relationship before :P including me.
Reply 8
Stop worrying and think about other things. You're only 16!
Do you really think that people under 16 are having what could be described as relationships with the opposite sex? Not really.....

What you're talking about is hand holding in the playground and kissing in the bus park or behind the bike sheds, and maybe having sex,which would be pretty silly by the way. It's not really a relationship and it doesn't make you any more or less emotionally mature than them. As you said, you're only 16 for gods sake. You should be having these anxieties if you're in the same situation 10 years down the line. Not now.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending