The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

2013 Essex Applicants

So, I haven't seen a topic like that yet, do I decided to open one. I would like to meet other Essex applicants. :smile:

I would like to apply to Criminology (including one year abroad) and Criminology with American Studies (including one year abroad). I am impatiently waiting for my teacher to finish my reference to finally make it. :smile:

My other choices are Keele, Leicester and Portsmouth.

So... what about you? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just been given an offer from them for Criminology with a Year Abroad
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by hajl

WOOOW, congrats!
I hope I will join you. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LaCRossE92
So, I haven't seen a topic like that yet, do I decided to open one. I would like to meet other Essex applicants. :smile:

I would like to apply to Criminology (including one year abroad) and Criminology with American Studies (including one year abroad). I am impatiently waiting for my teacher to finish my reference to finally make it. :smile:

My other choices are Keele, Leicester and Portsmouth.

So... what about you? :smile:

Nice one :smile: I'm an Essex applicant, applying for Biochemistry with a Year abroad. You'll be awesome :smile:
I've got an offer from Portsmouth so far.

Got an interview for Essex on the 5th of December.
Also applying for Reading and Wolverhampton.
Reply 4
Helloo! Will be studying LLB Law next year. Have an unconditional offer as I've taken a year out. Very excited! :smile:
I just got an offer for Politics with HR with year abroad
It's my first choice, I'm so happy!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by emthedrummer
I just got an offer for Politics with HR with year abroad
It's my first choice, I'm so happy!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congratulations!! :woo:
Original post by Mollymod
Congratulations!! :woo:

Thank you! I'm so excited :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Nice one :smile: I'm an Essex applicant, applying for Biochemistry with a Year abroad. You'll be awesome :smile:
I've got an offer from Portsmouth so far.

Got an interview for Essex on the 5th of December.
Also applying for Reading and Wolverhampton.

Original post by hajl

Ooh where do you want to go for your year abroad? I'm planning on the USA, New York or New Jersey! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by emthedrummer
Ooh where do you want to go for your year abroad? I'm planning on the USA, New York or New Jersey! :smile:

Either Canada or Germany, as I've done German A Level and wouldn't want that to go to waste :P The USA sounds pretty damn awesome. Essex is my first choice as well, I'm so happy for you :smile: I've got an interview for Essex on December 5th
Either Canada or Germany, as I've done German A Level and wouldn't want that to go to waste :P The USA sounds pretty damn awesome. Essex is my first choice as well, I'm so happy for you :smile: I've got an interview for Essex on December 5th

Yeah I'm doing French and my teachers keep saying "well why don't you go to France?" but I love America too much. New Jersey = Bruuuuuuuce :biggrin:

Awwww thank you! :smile: Good luck mate, you'll ace it! :biggrin:
Hi!

I just submitted my application to UCAS yesterday. I'm applying for BSc Business Management. I've also applied to Queen Mary (UofL), Southampton, Liverpool, and Sheffield.

Hopefully I'll hear back soon with an offer! Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone. :smile:
Hi guys!

Essex began as my last choice, but the prompt way they've had my application is definitely inclining me more towards them!

19/11/12 - UCAS application sent off by my college
20/11/12 - The confirmation e-mail that my application had been received by them
21/11/12 - A conditional offer! ABB for BA Business Management and Modern Languages (Italian and German)

Has anybody else found that their speed and efficiency with admin has trumped other universities you've applied to?
Reply 12
i have just been offered a conditional offer 2days after the application was recieved at essex university.... taking accounting and finance :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by lukeconorbaker
Hi guys!

Essex began as my last choice, but the prompt way they've had my application is definitely inclining me more towards them!

20/11/12 - The confirmation e-mail that my application had been received by them
21/11/12 - A conditional offer! ABB for BA Business Management and Modern Languages (Italian and German)

Has anybody else found that their speed and efficiency with admin has trumped other universities you've applied to?

i have had conditional offered all within 2 days from essex, UWE and portsmouth. (i got told by my teachers it will take weeks!! ahh well, not complaining!)
Reply 14
Original post by havy
i have had conditional offered all within 2 days from essex, UWE and portsmouth. (i got told by my teachers it will take weeks!! ahh well, not complaining!)

Portsmouth was super efficient for me as well, contacted me with an offer within 3 days (When I thought it'd be 4 weeks).
Essex didn't confirm they'd received my application, but they offered me an interview a month later, and now they send me their newsletter.

Congratulations though! That's wonderful.
Reply 15
Portsmouth was super efficient for me as well, contacted me with an offer within 3 days (When I thought it'd be 4 weeks).
Essex didn't confirm they'd received my application, but they offered me an interview a month later, and now they send me their newsletter.

Congratulations though! That's wonderful.

ahh thats really good, what subject have u applied for?
Reply 16
Original post by havy
ahh thats really good, what subject have u applied for?

Biochemistry :smile:
Reply 17
Biochemistry :smile:

sounds like a ridiculously hard subject if u ask me hahaha. fair play to you!!!
Criminology with a year abroad, waiting to send off application super exited :biggrin:
Original post by lukeconorbaker
Hi guys!

They were pretty good! Heard from them 2nd though, Goldsmiths replied to me on the same day my application was sent :eek: happy moment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending