The Student Room Group

tution fee issues

advice desperately needed

I applied for a tuition fee loan in august (im a part time student and we couldn't apply earlier) and sent off the all the documents and forms

i receive all the documents back and even phone to check they had all bee logged (because some came back earlier than others so i wanted to check they hadn't just been returned to sender) i was told everything had been received fine and that the processing times for different pieces of information varies so thing would return at separate times

everything returned and i forgot about it all until yesterday when i received a letter from the uni demanding £4000 or they will permanently expel me for not paying, i phoned up the university who claim they haven't received anything from student finance and then rang student finance who say they didn't receive on of the declarations (although no one informed me of this until now)

student finance say it will take 10 days to process the declaration and confirm payment amount but the uni say i will get expelled in 5 day if it hasn't been paid

please help :bawling:
Reply 1
Could you show the uni s confirmation of your scheduled payment?
Reply 2
Just go to student services at the uni, they will ring SF, verify what you are saying and be able to postpone action to expel you. These situations happen every year at every uni. Pain for students but just run of the mill stuff to uni staff. Dont fret.
Reply 3
thank you for replying

i phone and spoke to the uni finance team and have just received an email from the uni saying 'agreed to hold your account until 30.11.2012' - which i believe is an extension

hopefully that will give SF time to receive the replacement document I've sent out :smile:
Reply 4
Hello rattustatus,

To avoid any further delay, login to your online account and go to your correspondence. Locate the Notification of Entitlement letter and make sure when you open it, it contains a total of 10 pages.

Simply go directly to page 9 and 10, print both pages, sign, date and return the declaration to the address stated on page 9. It will only take approx 3 working days to be scanned onto your account once received.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending